Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, dj matt james said:

I do normally. At the ridge and furrow they had CDJ's so I took cd's. Couldn't trust myself taking vinyl down there. A lot lighter as well.

When I play other stuff I use serato scratch live or serato dj. Me and a mate double up on his DDJ-SZ

Ah nice!  I just have a novation performance pad pro (a bit like ableton push) and some synth stuff for when im trying to be a synth player.  I have very occasionally used that setup for some DJ like stuff, but its been a while

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

I do normally. At the ridge and furrow they had CDJ's so I took cd's. Couldn't trust myself taking vinyl down there. A lot lighter as well.

When I play other stuff I use serato scratch live or serato dj. Me and a mate double up on his DDJ-SZ

Where in Bristol do you play mate?

5 minutes ago, chronicideas said:

Im willing to bet tomorrow is the day for coaches and thursday for GA

would they do them separately for the secret resale though? I get that they do it like that in the normal sale to encourage people to buy coach tickets and to reduce the traffic, but since they just want to get rid of all tickets and theres not nearly as much volume is it more likely they'd do them both at the same time? anyone know how it was done in the past?

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Ah nice!  I just have a novation performance pad pro (a bit like ableton push) and some synth stuff for when im trying to be a synth player.  I have very occasionally used that setup for some DJ like stuff, but its been a while

sounds great mate

2 minutes ago, Stooonami said:

Where in Bristol do you play mate?

Do you have a POC for the Diner? I think I emailed them about a month ago. To be honest I've emailed so many people its difficult to remember who / when :-)

1 minute ago, abiwish said:

would they do them separately for the secret resale though? I get that they do it like that in the normal sale to encourage people to buy coach tickets and to reduce the traffic, but since they just want to get rid of all tickets and theres not nearly as much volume is it more likely they'd do them both at the same time? anyone know how it was done in the past?

When coach tickets have been released in secret sales it was on a separate day to GA tickets in the past.

2 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Its been different over the years. I'm not sure which way around it was but one year coaches where first (and wednesday or thursday were different days too) another year it was all together. Agree there doesn't seem a lot of point seperating them though.

1 minute ago, smudger said:

Its been different over the years. I'm not sure which way around it was but one year coaches where first (and wednesday or thursday were different days too) another year it was all together. Agree there doesn't seem a lot of point seperating them though.

Last year there were no coach sales, at least that we know of.

I'm still not sure that hasnt already happened and there were only 2 on sale or something!

4 minutes ago, Jolie23 said:

When coach tickets have been released in secret sales it was on a separate day to GA tickets in the past.

2 minutes ago, smudger said:

so no point trying to predict then i guess! 

6 minutes ago, abiwish said:

2014 they did separate days for Coach and GA and they had announced that was going to happen sometime in the week after refunds. 2015 as far as I'm aware they only released GA tickets unannounced after we had been waiting for over a week. However to reiterate what others have said just about everyone who was on duty here for the duration were rewarded with their pass into Nirvana

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Donkeyradish said:

I've had almost 1000 emails notifying me of changes to this thread today! Unbelievable... at first I was worried there'd be thousands of people trying for these 'secret' tickets but there only appears to be a couple of hundred people browsing this thread...

I'm not losing hope just yet!

do you think there would even be a couple of 100 tickets though? I can't actually bare this tension. keep running out of meetings or stopping my car Everytime I get a email only to find it is from a random knitting site! I might go to the Glastonbury knitting festival instead.....

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

do you think there would even be a couple of 100 tickets though? I can't actually bare this tension. keep running out of meetings or stopping my car Everytime I get a email only to find it is from a random knitting site! I might go to the Glastonbury knitting festival instead.....

There was a post earlier on this thread about someone phoning up Seetickets about refunds and apparently they have had loads of refunds.

1 minute ago, Andycamper said:

There was a post earlier on this thread about someone phoning up Seetickets about refunds and apparently they have had loads of refunds.

Which reminds me - someone earlier (couldn't find the post when I looked back, sorry) mentioned that the secret resale was a resale of tickets handed back after the resale in April. But surely 6 May was the deadline for all refunds - so someone could have bought a ticket in the October sale, paid their deposit in April and then (after they'd paid their full ticket price - which would be gutting, BTW) discovered that - for whatever reason - they couldn't go. So, there's reason to believe that the amount of tix available this week isn't just dependent on a (more) limited no. of folk buying tix in the resale and handing them back shortly afterwards.

Or have I go this wrong, somehow? 

Just now, cassiel1972 said:

Which reminds me - someone earlier (couldn't find the post when I looked back, sorry) mentioned that the secret resale was a resale of tickets handed back after the resale in April. But surely 6 May was the deadline for all refunds - so someone could have bought a ticket in the October sale, paid their deposit in April and then (after they'd paid their full ticket price - which would be gutting, BTW) discovered that - for whatever reason - they couldn't go. So, there's reason to believe that the amount of tix available this week isn't just dependent on a (more) limited no. of folk buying tix in the resale and handing them back shortly afterwards.

Or have I go this wrong, somehow? 

Nope, that's seems right-I saw a post earlier that pointed out people who bought in the resale might also hand back in tickets, but none about them being the only ones. Anyone who had already paid for a GA/coach ticket could have had it refunded before 6th May