Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, siblin said:

I did that in 2008 for my first glasto!

My first glasto was also 2008 and they were still selling tickets when the gates were open! admittedly jay z was playing but how times have changed...

My first Glastonbury, it was just fields. There wasn't even any bands playing. Just a food van selling GROWLERS. Pauline Fowler hadn't even died yet.

• Upvote 3

Yes, a lot of that went on back in the day - never me of course! Loving this thread and so grateful to all you lovely peeps for all the help and positive thinking!  Oh why did I sign up for that all day charity bike on Friday... Please let it be over by then!

1 minute ago, mocoworm said:

My first Glastonbury, it was just fields. There wasn't even any bands playing. Just a food van selling GROWLERS. Pauline Fowler hadn't even died yet.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Growlers. Seeing the pyramid stage getting its pants on and thinking about growlers has got me excited

2 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

really?  i thought photo registration was brought in way before 2008 ;)  The last time i missed out on tix was because i couldnt get online in 2005?  maybe i'm wrong, #glastonburyhaze

2007 I think was the first year photos were on the tickets, 2005 you needed photo ID to show at the gate.

2005 was a manic sale....oh and a manic storm :) .     Loads of people couldnt get through to booking at all, and I think it sold out in about 4 hours from memory....Far rather not get tickets in 1/2 hour or so so, like we have now.........yes i thought 2007 was the first for photo tickets, 2008 sales were slower due to the whole JayZ thing...

5 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

this time 20 years ago, I just sauntered down to HMV and bought my tix in a record shop

I wanted to go to Glastonbury way back but I never made it because my friends wanted to jump the fence and I had been put off as one of my boyfriends had previously got stuck on barbed wire, another group of friends had been pulled over and strip searched and the rest had been chased by guards/guard-dogs. I would have happily paid for a ticket back then but it was kinda unfashionable to do so at the time :D

11 minutes ago, funkyuk said:

really?  i thought photo registration was brought in way before 2008 ;)  The last time i missed out on tix was because i couldnt get online in 2005?  maybe i'm wrong, #glastonburyhaze

Was that that was the year it didn't sell out so they sold some physical ones in shops?  I remember getting my friend to pick ours up from Wales where he was working

3 minutes ago, micropizza said:

Was that that was the year it didn't sell out so they sold some physical ones in shops?  I remember getting my friend to pick ours up from Wales where he was working

I think so.  I cant remember if mine had a photo on it.

People blame JayZ but i think it was the floods of previous years that did it.  We know now that people will go no matter what the lineup

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anderson19 said:

Today's feels quieter doesn't it - although at the same time yesterday we hadn't had much happenings.

Make the most of it, I'm actually getting work done and even enjoyed a cup of coffee AND a wee break! 

Just now, Anderson19 said:

Today's feels quieter doesn't it - although at the same time yesterday we hadn't had much happenings.

Tipis and Campers where quite early yesterday, but yes this does seem a lot calmer..  dunno what to read into that!

2 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Yesterday they were adding all the extras for sale (tipis, worthy view, caravans etc.), whereas now I guess they're just waiting for them to all sell out. Probably expecting a less noise on the site today (but they might just start messing with it anyway, who knows)

Edited by emilyboris