Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

If you buy a campervan ticket is there any way you could just camp in normal campsite? Or is it an add-on to normal ticket?

It's only an addon, It won't let you buy without a general admission ticket already associated with your reg number

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that minute might well be the difference between getting tickets or not.

play fair Neil ;) we both know thats within the tests margin of error.

Agree that SMS is a swifter, more reliable form of notification though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

play fair Neil ;) we both know thats within the tests margin of error.

it's due to the differences in our systems mate, from what you've said about yours.

Mine is about X times more likely to be swifter than yours.

That 'X' might be 12. That 'X' might be 144. My head is spinning trying to get my head around it.

Agree that SMS is a swifter, more reliable form of notification though.

in theory, yep - tho it's also reliant on email.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

in theory, yep - tho it's also reliant on email.

Oh is it an Email to SMS gateway? 

I played with AQL's sms API platform which was lightning fast, but pretty expensive, so i gave up on the thought of using it for notifications.

9 minutes ago, siblin said:

Oh is it an Email to SMS gateway? 

yep - tho as instant as it gets, from all of the alerts sent out so far.

(there was one case last week where I thought they'd got delayed, but others got the texts instantly, and as they all get sent from one email mine must have been delayed by either my phone service provider or my phone's poor network connection).

I get a copy of the email that's sent to the gateway, so I can always see how fast they go.

PS: I'd used the same gateway service before, so I knew it was pretty good. :)

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

yep - tho as instant as it gets,

I suppose architecturally you could code to go directly to their email server, rather than locally using your own servers MTA, which in theory should be as fast as an API call.

well form a laymans point of view...both systems and the whatsapp groups are an absolute lifesaver!! they give hope where there was once none!! :lol:

The WhatsApp group I am in from this forum didn't ping at all for this mornings ticket updates. I've just sent a message now.

Edited by mocoworm

Just now, mocoworm said:

The WhatsApp group I am in from this forum didn't ping at all for this mornings ticket updates

I'm guessing as the tickets aren't yet on sale and people were told not to post anything until they were. But it's just gone off with the info for Tipi etc. Bit of a slow alert though haha! 

Just now, siblin said:

I suppose architecturally you could code to go directly to their email server, rather than locally using your own servers MTA, which in theory should be as fast as an API call.

ahhh, good point .... I'll look into doing that.

I was pleased just to get the bploody thing working, which took 2 days of faffing around - their security checks were rejecting my mails initially, due to the smallest of DNS issues which too a while to track down.... so by the time I got it working I'd stopped thinking about how I might do it better.

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I'm guessing as the tickets aren't yet on sale and people were told not to post anything until they were. But it's just gone off with the info for Tipi etc. Bit of a slow alert though haha! 

Yeah, that was me. I thought ppl should know, just in-case some already have tickets and need the extras.