Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 hours ago, abiwish said:

Thank you! Should I just dm them? 

Exactly.  To summarise your options

DM me if you want to be added to my emailer, which is an automated page monitor which emails out when it changes

visit checkpage.co.uk for a similar system operated by Efests which also SMSs (there's a very modest charge, which you'd expect as it needs to cover the costs of the SMS's etc)

message Cityboy or tmouse to be added to a what's app group, which relys on human notification, but you might also find other hints or help during the resales

... And of course there's nothing wrong with doing all three and covering your bases!  And don't forget to keep checking on here too.

33 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Dream team!!! Although I really hope it's not tomorrow have meetings all afternoon (big senior people going so I won't be able to run out!)

I ran out of my meeting last year . laptop in hand as I didn't have a bank card.  So if you are ready have your card / card details somewhere on your person to quickly tap in

4 minutes ago, Peroni said:

I ran out of my meeting last year . laptop in hand as I didn't have a bank card.  So if you are ready have your card / card details somewhere on your person to quickly tap in

Luckily I've got them remembered (far too much shopping on the Internet ha) it's more I can't use my phone in those meetings hopefully it won't come live then! 

Just a rejig of some advice along with a summary of last year's resale I already posted on p.117 of this thread.

This year the last refund cancellation date is Friday 6th May, so the most likely resale time will be Mon 9th - Friday 13th (eek!) or Monday 16th May.  

Just a general summing up of last year's secret resale:  The last date for refund cancellations was Friday 8th May 2015.  The secret resale was expected to happen in the following week 11- 15th (around lunch time, and "on the hour" for reasons I'm not sure of). 

However, the resale was on Monday 18th at 3 pm for 14 mins.  Earlier on that day, folk on this thread who were monitoring the ticketsite page changes said there were changes in the code but no visible change (you can see it all kicking off around page 60 of this thread).  I got a ticket for a mate at 15.08 just by following this thread, and noting a lot of sudden activity i.e, there were 3 more thread pages than there had been 5 minutes earlier and I saw someone had posted “Yessssss!”

BUT what had never occurred to me, is that @GlastoFest would tweet that the tix had gone onsale - people say it was about 1 minute after the site had gone live. Apparently @emilyeavis tweeted 3 minutes after.  So not so secret after all. http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/gallery/image/5197-glasto-2015-secret-resale-tweet/   Nothing came up on Glastonbury Festivals facebook page. There was only one "secret resale" and that was it. They were all general admission tickets (not coach) afaik. No holding page, straight in.

So, I would strongly recommend that this week people monitor this forum/thread for activity.  If you can, monitor page changes and/or join siblin's group.  Also follow @GlastoFest and @emilyeavis on Twitter.  If you have some kind of reliable (lets you know within 1 minute) push notifications for Twitter, set them up.

Make sure you have the reg numbers and post codes and debit card details to hand at all times, you've got enough money in your account, and keep checking [particularly on the hour, particularly at lunchtime?]  glastonbury.seetickets.com  or http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Just a note, if you are thinking of picking up a ticket for a mate who missed out in the resales, be sure to check they still want to go!  Last year there was a thread on here about someone who, in the heat of the secret resale moment, bought two non-refundable tickets for mates who had been trying in the official resales, only to discover they had booked flights and tickets for some international festival instead - don't know how that panned out in the end but I suspect not well.....

Good luck to all who are depending on the secret resales!!!

@GlastoFest secret resale tweet 2015.png

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Jobseeker said:

Alright, I signed up to the page change thing for the Roundhouse gigs after getting booted off the buy page because of a school boy error when they first came out, and I got about 35 messages from 6:01 - 6:34 is that just servers backing up? 

I reckon it was caused by something like that, yep .... I improved the error handling yesterday morning, so hopefully there won't be similar alerts in the future.

18 hours ago, wobble said:

Hi, can someone help, I want to join the pay service Checkpage but don’t know what links I need to monitor, is this done automatically for you or do you have to decide yourselves.

You need to select the two See Tickets links that both have glastonbury within them.

17 hours ago, Olliemars said:

Hi, I've just signed up for the checkpage account. Which links should I enable, I've turned the first 2 on, are any others necessary?

They're the only two I've got set-up in the system, and should be the URLs that tickets come on sale on.

Morning all, just checking in and hopefully today is the day, good luck, I really hope everyone gets sorted when the time comes

No lunch or comfort breaks, last year I missed through nipping to the loo but my Glasto mates thankfully managed to get sorted.

Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for you all.

11 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Morning all, just checking in and hopefully today is the day, good luck, I really hope everyone gets sorted when the time comes

No lunch or comfort breaks, last year I missed through nipping to the loo but my Glasto mates thankfully managed to get sorted.

Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for you all.

Ah I'm going to be glued to my phone. Toilet break is probably the best place because my colleagues can't judge me for being on my phone haha! 

7 minutes ago, Alking said:

Nervous and nauseous but exited!! Let's do this! I'm hoping it's today! 

I get awful anxiety about things like this. I can't stomach breakfast and didn't walk the dog for fear of missing it! Good luck! 

On 5/6/2016 at 5:21 PM, MadScientist said:

That's so impressive! I really hope it pays off this time as both times before I couldn't get past the holding page. I'm on my laptop most of the time so I'm hoping I have that on my side. I'm just hoping really that I dont get let down again and that they dont go on sale during the exam I have on the 19th!

This is your best opportunity to get them to be honest. The other sales are just pure luck and this one you can actually give yourself an advantage because 99% arent trying in these ones. I reckon it will be before the 19th, keep your eyes peeled

14 minutes ago, magicg said:

Could someone put up the two seetickets links that we need to follow? 

Cheers guys, good luck! 

You should only need to follow glastonbury.seetickets.com - they also post on twitter and glastonburyfestivals.com so they're worth keeping an eye on