Secret resales 2015

Terence99

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's now around 50 people on the system, and the system is working very well, and still very fast.

Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far.

Neil, you say the system is working well, have there been any alerts we should of had? I signed up yesterday but have not recieved anything (i have the top 2 boxes ticked) Just wanna make sure I havn`t cocked it up :) 

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

:wacko: ooh I don't like this feeling so nervous I'll miss it! 

The more ways you have to be alerted, the more likely you are to get a timely alert.

I desperately want what I've built to out-perform other options - after all, the point of these things is to alert you quickly - but I'm not daft enough to think I can guarantee it. Any system like this depends on a number of different bits of technology working as expected, and the majority of that technology is outside of a system's control ... so even if (say) my system happens to be the fastest on one occasion, that's no guarantee it will be the next time.

So while from one angle I see my system competing with those other systems, it's really the case that they each compliment each other. The more ways you have to be alerted the more chance you'll get that timely alert.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's now around 50 people on the system, and the system is working very well, and still very fast.

Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far.

Hi I've signed up and paid for your web checker how long does it take after payment till I can get on? I'm feeling sick with nerves about this dam secret sale lol!

many thanks

katie

1 minute ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Neil, you say the system is working well, have there been any alerts we should of had? I signed up yesterday but have not recieved anything (i have the top 2 boxes ticked) Just wanna make sure I havn`t cocked it up :)

there's not been any alerts for glasto ticket pages since I made my system  public, don't worry.

There were a flurry of alerts for some pages on the Glasto website at around 6.30 this morning - I'm not sure why yet (will be looking into why shortly, to try an reduce unnecessary alerts) - and a few people had chosen to be alerted to those pages, so got alerts. I've already checked the logs around those alerts, so I've been able to see they were very speedy.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's not been any alerts for glasto ticket pages since I made my system  public, don't worry.

There were a flurry of alerts for some pages on the Glasto website at around 6.30 this morning - I'm not sure why yet (will be looking into why shortly, to try an reduce unnecessary alerts) - and a few people had chosen to be alerted to those pages, so got alerts. I've already checked the logs around those alerts, so I've been able to see they were very speedy.

Cheers :) 

3 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Hi I've signed up and paid for your web checker how long does it take after payment till I can get on? I'm feeling sick with nerves about this dam secret sale lol!

many thanks

katie

hi Katie.

you'd registered with an upper-case 'K' in your email address, while your payment came from an address with a lower-case 'k' ... so it didn't action your payment automatically.

I've just updated your account with the payment, and have also changed the email address to use that lower-case 'k'.

So if you login again now (using a lower-case k) you should now be able to continue the set-up process.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and the reason for those alerts from the Glasto website is because their website had a stutter of some kind, where it served a valid page but for some reason it only served the masthead of those pages and not the content body.

I can only guess that their website momentarily lost connectivity to their databases that have the page content. Given the time that it happened (very shortly after 6.30) I suspect it might have been because the databases were being backed up.

I've been monitoring those pages for well over a week and it's the first time it's happened. Hopefully it was a one-off.

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The more ways you have to be alerted, the more likely you are to get a timely alert.

I desperately want what I've built to out-perform other options - after all, the point of these things is to alert you quickly - but I'm not daft enough to think I can guarantee it. Any system like this depends on a number of different bits of technology working as expected, and the majority of that technology is outside of a system's control ... so even if (say) my system happens to be the fastest on one occasion, that's no guarantee it will be the next time.

So while from one angle I see my system competing with those other systems, it's really the case that they each compliment each other. The more ways you have to be alerted the more chance you'll get that timely alert.

It's more because I work and have a lot of meetings next week. Knowing my luck it will be during one of those meetings! 

Edited by Lucy92

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

It's more because I work and have a lot of meetings next week. Knowing my luck it will be during one of those meetings! 

For my meetings next week I'll either be taking my laptop in or will put on a concerned face, mumble some apologies and leave if I get an alert. I don't give a shit. Fortunately I don't have any very important meetings or one to one meetings with my manager in the next two weeks.

Phew all up to date on whatsapp and like last year those that are successful like last year me and Siblin arranged a meet up at cider bus but of the many we helped only 4 turned up we don't do it for reward but is always nice to put names to faces :D

• Upvote 5

I do have another tip for anyone with an iPhone. If you open the Glastonbury.seetickets page in Safari and click the 'add to home screen' button and keep it on the first page of your home screen then every now and again you can open the page, but each time you open it, it refreshes so it's a fairly good extra way of just checking. That's what I've been doing and doesn't take too much effort! 

i will definitely be at the cider bus!  I have signed up to everything I can to try for that one last ticket we need - although don't seem to have made it onto T-Mouse's WhatsApp group - and am already a bag of nerves - I managed to get a couple of tickets in the resale on my iPad and my hand was shaking so much I could barely click on the right expiry date!  Can't thank all you guys enough and would love to meet up to say it in person!

9 hours ago, smudger said:

Dont think that's quite right. I've used my card with my details, for the past few years to get friends tickets and its never been a problem.

But by the book that's the guideline.  I guess it depends on if your bank flag it as suspicious that you're spending, say, £500 to a delivery postcode it doesn't recognise.  

What's worse is (I believe) see only does a very basic card number checksum check before giving your order confirmation, but could then attempt to take payment later and have it rejected.  If you're lucky your bank will ring you and confirm, but they could just bin the payment

43 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I do have another tip for anyone with an iPhone. If you open the Glastonbury.seetickets page in Safari and click the 'add to home screen' button and keep it on the first page of your home screen then every now and again you can open the page, but each time you open it, it refreshes so it's a fairly good extra way of just checking. That's what I've been doing and doesn't take too much effort! 

It's a very good tip, and makes perfect sense!  I put links at the top of the emails I send out to try and give people a quick way of getting to the page

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

hi Katie.

you'd registered with an upper-case 'K' in your email address, while your payment came from an address with a lower-case 'k' ... so it didn't action your payment automatically.

I've just updated your account with the payment, and have also changed the email address to use that lower-case 'k'.

So if you login again now (using a lower-case k) you should now be able to continue the set-up process.

Always sanitise your inputs!

• Upvote 1

if we manage to get tickets me and the husband will also meet up :) it's just us going if we get tickets so would be nice to meet up with others and get in the festival spirit!

Edited by keb77
Added wrong quote :-/