Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, cb4747 said:

I've seen people saying tonight at midnight I'm interested as to where that rumour came from!

It's because that's when the refund deadline is I believe.

Think it is safe to say it will not be happening at midnight tonight.

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I've seen people saying tonight at midnight I'm interested as to where that rumour came from!

The deadline is midnight tonight for ticket refunds. They still need to do all the admin work. Just be on your toes from tomorrow. Probably not going to be for another week or so yet though.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 for one month membership (a non-recurring payment), where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

Cheers dude, fingers crossed! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michaelgball said:

As long as you're on the ball for the secret sale you should be fine. Make sure you have all your details and money prepared at all times.. I'd advise setting up page monitors on your PC and phone, setup notifications for glastonbury tweets, join a whatsapp group... have a memo on your phone/pc with all the needed information. I've got quite good at this secret re-sale nonsense haha. If i manage to snatch 2 tickets for my friends in the secret re-sale that will put my total of 20 tickets for glasto 2016! its strangely addictive

That's so impressive! I really hope it pays off this time as both times before I couldn't get past the holding page. I'm on my laptop most of the time so I'm hoping I have that on my side. I'm just hoping really that I dont get let down again and that they dont go on sale during the exam I have on the 19th!

49 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

That's so impressive! I really hope it pays off this time as both times before I couldn't get past the holding page. I'm on my laptop most of the time so I'm hoping I have that on my side. I'm just hoping really that I dont get let down again and that they dont go on sale during the exam I have on the 19th!

I always feel obliged to bang on, if there are others in your group trying too, that obviously improves your odds.  I've had some years I've done well, bother others I've depended one someone else.

I have one further ticket to get, (in the main sale and resale we managed to get 43 tickets) and have a large group of people that will still be trying in any secret resale.

i am willing to add one other person should I get through (only have enough cash in the account for 2 tickets),myself and the rest of the group have various alerts (including Neil's, tnx Neil)

DM me if you would like help and I will reply requesting phone no. reg details etc.

I edit this post once the first person makes contact.

So I have signed up with Follow That Page, Neil's thingymabob, have joined a Whatsapp group and am contemplating leaving the auto-refresh app on my phone turned on (refreshing every 1 second) during office hours. Emails are set to go to my work account so they'll pop up on my screen at work and my phone's vibrate will be turned on. I have postcodes and reg numbers on my phone and in my notebook at work.

Bring it on.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Olliemars said:

Has anyone had notifications from web checker recently. I havn't had one today or yesterday so I guess something is wrong :huh:

Nothing at all today, apart from the registration page changing to the holding page. That only seems to happen if seetickets gets busy. So no, nothing to report.

Edit: And nothing at all yesterday.

Edited by musky

I do have to say it's so lovely seeing people help one another! And I wish everyone the best of luck, may the odds be ever in your favour ;) I'm looking forward to the moment this thread explodes with pure joy!

• Upvote 1

Just a note to those buying tickets for others please be careful with people you don't know as you will have to pay for the tickets then and there (someone correct me if I'm wrong :) ). Ah I'm really nervous now it's coming closer to the resale deadline! 

16 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Just a note to those buying tickets for others please be careful with people you don't know as you will have to pay for the tickets then and there (someone correct me if I'm wrong :) ). Ah I'm really nervous now it's coming closer to the resale deadline! 

It's a good point.  Either the ticket holder has to hand over card details to someone unknown, or the intermediary has to use their card (which risks being rejected if it doesn't match the lead bookers postcode).

though during the secret sales the lead Booker should be able to get through straight away as there won't be much in the way of web traffic 

1 hour ago, musky said:

Nothing at all today, apart from the registration page changing to the holding page. That only seems to happen if seetickets gets busy. So no, nothing to report.

Edit: And nothing at all yesterday.

Oh okay, thanks^_^

1 hour ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

I have one further ticket to get, (in the main sale and resale we managed to get 43 tickets) and have a large group of people that will still be trying in any secret resale.

i am willing to add one other person should I get through (only have enough cash in the account for 2 tickets),myself and the rest of the group have various alerts (including Neil's, tnx Neil)

DM me if you would like help and I will reply requesting phone no. reg details etc.

I edit this post once the first person makes contact.

Some one has messaged me so offer now closed :)

4 hours ago, siblin said:

It's a good point.  Either the ticket holder has to hand over card details to someone unknown, or the intermediary has to use their card (which risks being rejected if it doesn't match the lead bookers postcode).

though during the secret sales the lead Booker should be able to get through straight away as there won't be much in the way of web traffic 

Dont think that's quite right. I've used my card with my details, for the past few years to get friends tickets and its never been a problem.

Edited by smudger

5 hours ago, smudger said:

Dont think that's quite right. I've used my card with my details, for the past few years to get friends tickets and its never been a problem.

Thanks need to sort this as some of my group have a ticket and are trying for others with their own card. Whats the opinion here? Does it  have to be lead bookers details???

TT

1 hour ago, Travis Tee said:

Thanks need to sort this as some of my group have a ticket and are trying for others with their own card. Whats the opinion here? Does it  have to be lead bookers details???

TT

any ones debit card is ok not just the lead bookers, there has been  a large group of us trying for each other in both the main sale and subsequent sales and we have never had an issue. 

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

wayhey, I've finally got my monitoring system sorted enough to let the public loose on it. :D

First things first: it's a paid-for service, because it sends you instant texts to your mobile (as well as emails), and the texts aren't free. So it costs £5 for one month membership (a non-recurring payment), where the membership includes 40 'credits' (one credit used each time you're alerted to a changed page by both text & email).  You can buy extra alert credits if needed at £1 for 10, tho 40 will probably cover most needs. Any profits made from it will be put towards the costs of sustaining efestivals.

In testing it's worked very well - faster than the other systems people are using (about a minute faster than the next-best). I can't guarantee it will remain as fast with more users on the system, but the text alerts should always be very very fast even if the email alerts slow down.

It's priced at around the same as some of the apps people are using, and does more than the email-only solutions. I can't guarantee this will be the first to alert you to a changed page, but I can guarantee it'll be the early birds who get the worms.

Feel free to check it out if you wish.

http://checkpage.co.uk

there's now around 50 people on the system, and the system is working very well, and still very fast.

Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far.