Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, Donkeyradish said:

Here you go - search 'web checker' with a space, you have to scroll down a bit.image.png

1 hour ago, keb77 said:

Thanks for pointing people in the right direction! :) 

Thank you both!

12 minutes ago, chrishowe9 said:

Hi everybody! 

What is everyone's strategy of monitoring the website? If you're using a tracker/monitor, which ones are you using?

thanks! 

Web Alert for Android has been recommended and seems to work well. For iOS the one above seems a fair bet - I think most of the page monitors mentioned so far haven't really panned out for iPhone.

13 hours ago, keb77 said:

At least I know my webchecker is working! It's a shame I can't notify others at the same time 

image.png

I'll just point out that your checker missed a few page changes yesterday.

(those changes weren't 'important' changes from the point of view of resales, but there were a number of changes yesterday after noon)

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I have my test system a little further on (now including text alerts), so am happy to accept another 2 test users onto the system.

if you have 1,000 posts or more and would like to be a tester with both email and text alerts, please post here first (so people can see the slots have been taken) and then send me a PM.

I'd love to be a tester

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah, I just picked up on some of those periodic changes. No other posts on here about a page change when I started to write this post.

You're doing a bit more to process the page data than, tho I reckon how I'm checking is adequate ... but I wish I could filter those periodic changes (will think on that one some more).

I'm going the texts route too, tho I'm having some issues with that at the moment (tho I think I know what they might be, now).

Are you using AQL or some other provider?  Their web gateway is pretty easy, just needs a wget request.

1 minute ago, Travis Tee said:

Hi sorry to ask but will someone post on here if tickets go on resale? This should alert us all shouldn't it, or is there another group doing that?

Im sure it'll go on here pretty quick, but by the time people read the forums the resale is normally over

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Are you using AQL or some other provider?  Their web gateway is pretty easy, just needs a wget request.

I'm using a different provider. The issues I was having with texts was due to their gateway system not liking a very minor thing with my DNS set-up as part of their own security set-up.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'll just point out that your checker missed a few page changes yesterday.

(those changes weren't 'important' changes from the point of view of resales, but there were a number of changes yesterday after noon)

Most likely because I was not in good internet signal :( I'm hoping that is what it was! Need to get the wifi code at work!! How many did it miss?

10 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Most likely because I was not in good internet signal :( I'm hoping that is what it was! Need to get the wifi code at work!! How many did it miss?

I can't tell you exactly without delving in the logs of my own system.

It might just be because of the time cycle that you've set with your own checks. If you were checking (say) every five minutes and the various changes were all between your checks you'd only get the one alert.

Your alerts are probably for the right times, but there was definitely more than just one change made for the afternoon change you detected.

There was a bunch of stuff yesterday with them changing the tour page from "sold out" to "on sale weds 22nd".  They also pulled the story about the silver hayes line-up, i think because they want to promote the "dont pee logo" campaign

2 minutes ago, siblin said:

There was a bunch of stuff yesterday with them changing the tour page from "sold out" to "on sale weds 22nd".  They also pulled the story about the silver hayes line-up, i think because they want to promote the "dont pee logo" campaign

I noticed that. They are also in desperate need of extra volunteers for the Love The Farm team. Looking for more staff to go around keeping an eye out for Pee offenders. They must have had a fair warning about it. 

1 minute ago, princess4747 said:

I noticed that. They are also in desperate need of extra volunteers for the Love The Farm team. Looking for more staff to go around keeping an eye out for Pee offenders. They must have had a fair warning about it. 

a few years back they had some "green police".. running around blowing whistles at people peeing in the river.  it was quite amusing!

1 minute ago, siblin said:

a few years back they had some "green police".. running around blowing whistles at people peeing in the river.  it was quite amusing!

That's what it's for. I was sent an application form for team leader. You get to walk around with site security in high vis, megaphone and walkie talkie. It certainly sounds like good fun! 

2 hours ago, princess4747 said:

That's what it's for. I was sent an application form for team leader. You get to walk around with site security in high vis, megaphone and walkie talkie. It certainly sounds like good fun! 

How do you apply for this? I haven't seen this volunteering opportunity. Love the idea of volunteering to help the farm :)