Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Set up followthatpage on the site, a free account runs hourly so that should tie in with the sales being on the hour. I have distill installed in Firefox, yet didn't get the update this morning (yet again). Strange. Although I did see the Whatsapp group and my heart jumped when I saw all the messages but luckily it was a false alarm.

For some reason my Chrome browser seems to constantly freeze up and then shuts down no matter what I'm doing on it, hence why I'm using Firefox. Might try and sort that out and get another page monitor on there if I can get it working.

Feeling hopeful as I've gotten tickets in the secret resale in 2013 but seems to be a lot more people clued in on it than that year. We shall see I guess

Just now, rockgodbob said:

My iPad is still showing the booking page 2 days later and i can enter all the details but when i press proceed it comes up with admission tickets are currently unavailable

never seen this before

It definitely did this last year. Only came alive again for the secret resale.

Anyone's phone give them a notification about half an hour ago as to a change on the main glastonbury page? couldn't find the change myself, i think it was something minor. i'm on android and i'm using 'Web Alert (Website Monitor)', i've got it set to check the page for changes every 1 minute, might be worth a download if you have an android phone. someone may have already posted about it like. goodbye data!

23 minutes ago, Raz__86 said:

Anyone's phone give them a notification about half an hour ago as to a change on the main glastonbury page? couldn't find the change myself, i think it was something minor. i'm on android and i'm using 'Web Alert (Website Monitor)', i've got it set to check the page for changes every 1 minute, might be worth a download if you have an android phone. someone may have already posted about it like. goodbye data!

That's strange - I'm using Web alert and got nothing. It's checked it since then too. I can't see any settings I could tweak, do you have the extra features or something? It's worked for other changes, but I don't want it to miss the subtle ones!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Adamon said:

I've got visualping for chrome set to check every second and my browser is open, to test it I added a check on Siblin's test page,  visual ping didn't go off after the page changed though. Anyone else had the same issue?

You might check the email trigger on Visual-ping, apparently it was a very minor change to the page and maybe it was so minor that Visualping didn't pick it up. I've set mine for 'any change' so hopefully once anything changes, I'll be notified

Ah thanks, it works for other pages so i guess the change is too minor on siblins test page (15% content change). Doesn't look like i can change this in the chrome app though so hopefully any changes to ticket pages will be significant enough. 

4 minutes ago, Adamon said:

Ah thanks, it works for other pages so i guess the change is too minor on siblins test page (15% content change). Doesn't look like i can change this in the chrome app though so hopefully any changes to ticket pages will be significant enough. 

Have you paid for that service if you don't mind me asking? Tested it at 5 min intervals and got several emails straight away saying I'm gonna run out of credits and blah blah blah

I imagine it would be a fairly major change with all the options you can select and pages following on from the initial page, I'm not techie but it makes sense...I think

Edited by pentura

Hi guys,

Sorry completely new to this webmonitor business. So I have read through parts of this thread, gone on https://www.followthatpage.com/ , registered my email address and asked it to monitor  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras  

I've asked it to report all errors to me and to check hourly.

Is that everything I need to do, or is there anything else you would recommend?

Helzabel there are additional features, but I'm skint til payday so the vanilla version will have to suffice. I did test it on the bbc news site and it did update, but i might run another test on something like twitter. Maybe even the GlastoFest and See Ticket accounts. I've got push notifications set up, but if they all go off at once and my phone vibrates itself off my desk, that would probably be for the best. In regards to the 'secret resale', i got mine last year from it. a mate texted me and said he'd got me one from a push notification from twitter. this year i'm trying my luck with it for my GF. We thought with the terrible headliners not that many people would be too bothered, alas i was wrong.

33 minutes ago, Raz__86 said:

Helzabel there are additional features, but I'm skint til payday so the vanilla version will have to suffice. I did test it on the bbc news site and it did update, but i might run another test on something like twitter. Maybe even the GlastoFest and See Ticket accounts. I've got push notifications set up, but if they all go off at once and my phone vibrates itself off my desk, that would probably be for the best. In regards to the 'secret resale', i got mine last year from it. a mate texted me and said he'd got me one from a push notification from twitter. this year i'm trying my luck with it for my GF. We thought with the terrible headliners not that many people would be too bothered, alas i was wrong.

I have notifications from GlastoFest on Twitter on both my personal and work phone and got one earlier so at least I know that's good!

@pentura I don't have the premium version, the chrome extension runs in your browser and can do 1 second intervals with no limit to how many checks it can do, the catch is that it will only work when your browser is open and it won't send emails, it just gives you a pop up notification. The server (email) version has a limit of 60 checks or something per month, which obviously is fairly useless for such a large amount of time. If you use google chrome and are at a computer a lot of the time then i would recommend the visual ping app, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/visualping/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd and just have a window open in the background as much as possible. 

Hi all!

I've missed out on Glasto tickets this year after spending hours on the website! This would be the first Glasto in five years that I'll miss out on! 

Can someone give me info on the 'secret resale' I've never heard of it before and would appreciate any help to go to the best place in the world! 

Many thanks,

Chris 

@chrishowe9 I recommend going back a few pages in here and most of it will be cleared up for you. Someone, can't remember who (sorry), did a great play by play of how it went down last year. The TLDR of it is that the refund deadline is may 6th so they'll likely release a small number of tickets at some point after that. Everybody here uses page monitors and pure determination of being at their computers as much as possible in order to find out when that happens and then its first come first served, it's also been noted that a lot more people know about the resale this year so it'll be harder to get tickets.

15 minutes ago, Adamon said:

@chrishowe9 I recommend going back a few pages in here and most of it will be cleared up for you. Someone, can't remember who (sorry), did a great play by play of how it went down last year. The TLDR of it is that the refund deadline is may 6th so they'll likely release a small number of tickets at some point after that. Everybody here uses page monitors and pure determination of being at their computers as much as possible in order to find out when that happens and then its first come first served, it's also been noted that a lot more people know about the resale this year so it'll be harder to get tickets.

It's defo right that a hell of a lot more peopl seem to be chasing the secret resales and seemingly there are a large proportion of new efest members chasing.  It appears word has spread and the efests secret resale secret has been well and truly blown.  Just another indication that the festival has become significantly more popular of late!

45 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It's defo right that a hell of a lot more peopl seem to be chasing the secret resales and seemingly there are a large proportion of new efest members chasing.  It appears word has spread and the efests secret resale secret has been well and truly blown.  Just another indication that the festival has become significantly more popular of late!

Someone posted about it on FB :(

40 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It's not just efests of course. FB is full of news of the secret resale and casual punters are far more likely to use that as it's probably part of their daily routine anyway. It's good for this site to have more people visiting, but it would be nice if anyone who links to this thread would also encourage people to get involved here. :)