Secret resales 2015

Terence99

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Didn't know about your alerts - have I missed the boat?  I'm on the whatsapp group, have alerts set, following Glasto on twitter but would really like to cover as many angles as possible!  Would be really grateful.

sure just DM me your email

28 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Is there an email notification system set up that people can contribute to? I'd love to be able to notify others if I spot anything on the angles I've got covered 

There's no email system that allows people to chip in, but there is the WhatsApp group. As it looks like a second group may be set up perhaps you could join that one. I'm sure people would appreciate the help. :)

14 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Am I correct in saying that the secret resales are generally coach only? Going from London or Bristol? Or have I completely made that up? 

No, general tickets are available as well. In fact as far as I remember there wasn't even a coach sale last year.

Just a general summing up of last year's secret resale:  The last date for refund cancellations was Friday 8th May 2015.  The secret resale was expected to happen in the following week 11- 15 (around lunch time, and "on the hour" for reasons I'm not sure of). 

However, the resale was on Monday 18th at 3 pm for 14 mins.  Earlier on that day, folk monitoring ticketsite page changes on this forum said there were changes in the code but no visible change (you can see it all kicking off around page 60 of this thread).  I got a ticket for a mate by following this thread, and noting a lot of activity. 

BUT what had never occurred to me is that @GlastoFest would tweet that the tix had gone onsale (people say it was about 3 mins after the site had gone live). http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/gallery/image/5197-glasto-2015-secret-resale-tweet/   Nothing came up on Glastonbury Festivals facebook page. There was only one "secret resale" and that was it. They were all general admission tickets (not coach) afaik. 

So, I would strongly recommend that people check this forum/thread, monitor page changes, join siblin's group and also set up a twitter account following @GlastoFest with reliable "push notificiations".  I notice @GlastoFest doesn't tweet that often so it's advisable to test in advance for someone who tweets a lot that it works reliably. (I'm still struggling with this on my new bloody Microsoft Lumia).  

This year the last refund cancellation date is Friday 6th May, so the most likely resale time would be Mon 9th - Friday 13th (eek!) or Monday 16th May.   I wouldn't discount weekends myself. Set an electronic reminder that 6th May is last refund date and the following week or so is most likely resale time.  Make sure you have the reg numbers and post codes and debit card details to hand at all times, you've got enough money in your account, and keep checking  glastonbury.seetickets.com  or  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Just a note, if you are thinking of picking up a ticket for a mate who missed out in the resales, be sure to check they still want to go!  Last year there was a thread on here about someone who, in the heat of the secret resale moment, bought two non-refundable tickets for mates who had been trying in the official resales, only to discover they had booked flights and tickets for some international festival instead - don't know how that panned out in the end but I suspect not well.....:huh:

Good luck to all who are depending on the secret resales!!!

@GlastoFest secret resale tweet 2015.png

Edited by wetwipes
attachment of image and mispelling of siblin
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, wetwipes said:

Just a general summing up of last year's secret resale:  The last date for refund cancellations was Friday 8th May 2015.  The secret resale was expected to happen in the following week 11- 15 (around lunch time, and "on the hour" for reasons I'm not sure of). 

However, the resale was on Monday 18th at 3 pm for 14 mins.  Earlier on that day, folk monitoring ticketsite page changes on this forum said there were changes in the code but no visible change (you can see it all kicking off around page 60 of this thread).  I got a ticket for a mate by following this thread, and noting a lot of activity. 

BUT what had never occurred to me is that @GlastoFest would tweet that the tix had gone onsale (people say it was about 3 mins after the site had gone live). http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/gallery/image/5197-glasto-2015-secret-resale-tweet/   Nothing came up on Glastonbury Festivals facebook page. There was only one "secret resale" and that was it. They were all general admission tickets (not coach) afaik. 

So, I would strongly recommend that people check this forum/thread, monitor page changes, join silbin's group and also set up a twitter account following of @GlastoFest with reliable "push notificiations".  I notice @GlastoFest doesn't tweet that often so it's advisable to test in advance for someone who tweets a lot that it works reliably. (I'm still struggling with this on my new bloody Microsoft Lumia).  

This year the last refund cancellation date is Friday 6th May, so the most likely resale time would be Mon 9th - Friday 13th (eek!) or Monday 16th May.   I wouldn't discount weekends myself. Set an electronic reminder that 6th May is last refund date and the following week or so is most likely resale time.  Make sure you have the reg numbers and post codes and debit card details to hand at all times, you've got enough money in your account, and keep checking  glastonbury.seetickets.com  or  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Just a note, if you are thinking of picking up a ticket for a mate who missed out in the resales, be sure to check they still want to go!  Last year there was a thread on here about someone who, in the heat of the secret resale moment, bought two non-refundable tickets for mates who had been trying in the official resales, only to discover they had booked flights and tickets for some international festival instead - don't know how that panned out in the end but I suspect not well.....:huh:

I checked when GlastoFest tweeted the sale yesterday - it was 3:01pm with Emily tweeting at 3:03pm. So if you're going to monitor twitter GlastoFest is the one to go for. I'm not sure what the precise time the sale went live, but it was certainly about 3pm. Can't be 100% certain it was on the dot though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, musky said:

I checked when GlastoFest tweeted the sale yesterday - it was 3:01pm with Emily tweeting at 3:03pm. So if you're going to monitor twitter GlastoFest is the one to go for. I'm not sure what the precise time the sale went live, but it was certainly about 3pm. Can't be 100% certain it was on the dot though.

The piccy I posted above of the 18th May 2015 tweets @GlastoFest say "The tickets that went onsale at 3pm today have all sold out".  So sounds as though it was 3pm on the dot.  I got my mate's at 3.08 :P

5 minutes ago, wetwipes said:

The piccy I posted above of the 18th May 2015 tweets @GlastoFest say "The tickets that went onsale at 3pm today have all sold out".  So sounds as though it was 3pm on the dot.  I got my mate's at 3.08 :P

Yeah, all the usual sale start on the hour so it would make sense for the secret ones to do so as well. :)

Just thought I'd mention that when I said that GlastoFest tweeted at 3:01pm that wasn't strictly true. According to twitter they tweeted at 7:01am - I guess their servers are 8 hours behind UK time. Or maybe 8 hours and 1 minute behind. ;)

6 hours ago, wetwipes said:

So, I would strongly recommend that people check this forum/thread, monitor page changes, join siblin's group and also set up a twitter account following @GlastoFest with reliable "push notificiations".  I notice @GlastoFest doesn't tweet that often so it's advisable to test in advance for someone who tweets a lot that it works reliably. (I'm still struggling with this on my new bloody Microsoft Lumia).  

Great summary! Just wondering, are you using an app for the twitter notifications or just what's built in to the site? I'm getting notifications from the twitter app but they don't draw enough attention for my liking!

8 hours ago, musky said:

There's no email system that allows people to chip in, but there is the WhatsApp group. As it looks like a second group may be set up perhaps you could join that one. I'm sure people would appreciate the help. :)

I'm on the whatsapp group :) just wasn't sure if there was an email one too so people who don't have whatsapp don't miss out. feel like we are all in this together! 

8 hours ago, wetwipes said:

Nice one for that pal much appreciated! 

We've had rubbish luck this year in October and on Sunday. So we're pinning our hopes on the secret resale. I've activated followthatpage but it didn't pick up yesterday's updates, I was following this thread though and managed to get to the add registrations page. I nearly had kittens!

Siblin is there a whatsapp group I could join please? Cold beers or warm tinnies in it for you! 

9 hours ago, wetwipes said:

Thanks for this amazing summary!! I was wondering, last year, was there any waiting page or did anyone went through the registration page immediatly?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, mirupuu said:

Thanks for this amazing summary!! I was wondering, last year, was there any waiting page or did anyone went through the registration page immediatly?

I just went straight through , and I think that everyone else trying did also. Not to say that the same will be the case this year. There does appear to be more wanting tickets this year. 

10 hours ago, wetwipes said:

Thank you so much for this. Really helpful summary.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

How come it's now saying you can buy Sunday tickets for Glastonbury? (Coming on sale 22nd of June) Has this happened before?

It just means that there are tickets that will be available, they're just not saying when - it won't be the 22nd June that's for sure!