Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, mgc07 said:

I'm interested to know how much preparation time we'll have when the secret resale tickets go on sale?  

Last year, it began on monday morning that the website was having all kind of activity. Basically, many people here were already warned. At 3 o clock, the secret sale started and it took 14 minutes (!) without a que to get tickets. Feeling very confident now.

2 minutes ago, Minky-Monkey said:

Last year, it began on monday morning that the website was having all kind of activity. Basically, many people here were already warned. At 3 o clock, the secret sale started and it took 14 minutes (!) without a que to get tickets. Feeling very confident now.

Did everyone know the exact time they would go on sale or did you have to keep refreshing the page all day?

1 minute ago, mgc07 said:

Did everyone know the exact time they would go on sale or did you have to keep refreshing the page all day?

They did not know, they were basically online the whole day. But they did get so many alerts of changing websites that they seemed certain there would be tickets coming. So I'm pretty sure it will not come out of nothing.

8 minutes ago, Minky-Monkey said:

i was as well but i think this is going to be different this year as there is more and more people aware of those resale

5 minutes ago, mirupuu said:

i was as well but i think this is going to be different this year as there is more and more people aware of those resale

Maybe but if you google secret resale, all you will find is eFestival chats. And maybe the 14 minutes will be 10 minutes this year, but it should still be more than enough.

Edit: I searched for secret resale on twitter, could hardly find any tweets about it. 

Edited by Minky-Monkey

4 minutes ago, Minky-Monkey said:

Maybe but if you google secret resale, all you will find is eFestival chats. And maybe the 14 minutes will be 10 minutes this year, but it should still be more than enough.

Edit: I searched for secret resale on twitter, could hardly find any tweets about it. 

Fair. If tweeter is unseat than we have a chance! If there is no queue that's good.

i found about it thanks to a random Reddit post but it was like the only one buried under several

Anyone a prospect union member, I got this info today: worth a shot I reckon if you are currently ticketless; must be a paid up member of Prospect Union though.

Festivals Are  you  interested  in  going  to  Glastonbury  or  Latitude  this  year  but  don’t  have  a  ticket?  If  so then  consider  applying  for  a  place  on  the  Workers  Beer  Company  team!   In  exchange  for  a  few  shifts  over  the  course  of  the  festival  you  will  receive  a  free  pass  to  the festival,  free  meals  and  a  couple  of  free  drinks  at  the  end  of  each  shift,    a  secure  camping  area with  private  toilets,  showers  a  subsidised  canteen  and  bar,  and  possibly  free  transport  to  and from  the  event  too.  Prospect  has  been  allocated  4  places  at  each  festival  this  year.  The  dates are: Tuesday  22nd  –  Monday  27th  June  for  Glastonbury  and Wednesday  13th  –  Monday  16th  July  for  Latitude If  you  would  like  to  apply  for  a  place  please  contact  Vikki  (Vikki.Aira@prospect.org,uk )  ASAP, but no later than the 28th April. 

Good luck :)

42 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

Heart in mouth! So strange as I didn't get any alerts from my page monitors, did your friend say that she saw the link to buy on the normal see tickets landing page? Or did she just try the link you posted on the off chance?

She was the one who sent me the link....She buggered off out of the office right afterwards, so I am not sure if she got one herself or if she meant that someone got one for her. But it is strange that NO ONE has had a notification, so maybe she is full of shit.  BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?  I'm going to get to the bottom of this...

3 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

that was a quick window - and no page change notification - was it genuine?

No, but we do have another link now and a way to already have your details filled in; saves time. (If this website stays up)

Edit: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/addregistrations

Edited by Minky-Monkey

7 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Anyone a prospect union member, I got this info today: worth a shot I reckon if you are currently ticketless; must be a paid up member of Prospect Union though.

Festivals Are  you  interested  in  going  to  Glastonbury  or  Latitude  this  year  but  don’t  have  a  ticket?  If  so then  consider  applying  for  a  place  on  the  Workers  Beer  Company  team!   In  exchange  for  a  few  shifts  over  the  course  of  the  festival  you  will  receive  a  free  pass  to  the festival,  free  meals  and  a  couple  of  free  drinks  at  the  end  of  each  shift,    a  secure  camping  area with  private  toilets,  showers  a  subsidised  canteen  and  bar,  and  possibly  free  transport  to  and from  the  event  too.  Prospect  has  been  allocated  4  places  at  each  festival  this  year.  The  dates are: Tuesday  22nd  –  Monday  27th  June  for  Glastonbury  and Wednesday  13th  –  Monday  16th  July  for  Latitude If  you  would  like  to  apply  for  a  place  please  contact  Vikki  (Vikki.Aira@prospect.org,uk )  ASAP, but no later than the 28th April. 

Good luck :)

I'm not asking for myself or any of my friends as we have tickets BUT is immorality the only thing stopping someone from saying they will do these shifts and then just not turning up? 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive still got the buy tickets page up but its not letting me do anything , cant remember if this is normal or not , should it not have been taken down ?

I thought it said sold out before rather than "Admission tickets are currently unavailable."

EDIT: also people were reporting the page timing out - that's definitely not normal

Edited by 5co77ie

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

I'm not asking for myself or any of my friends as we have tickets BUT is immorality the only thing stopping someone from saying they will do these shifts and then just not turning up? 

I'm pretty sure there's a deposit involved

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm pretty sure there's a deposit involved

There is but it's the price of a ticket so I would say a person willing to go and walk off would consider it just paying for one.

Though I wonder does it get you blackedlisted from main sale tickets for the rest of you life, that would certainly put people off

There's a good summary about working at the festival here:-

I can't comment on the consequences of not doing the shifts, I don't think there are usually many of them and anyone who's done volunteering has always been positive about it. 

Obviously there are moral consequences and the damnation of your peers :P

4 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Was that a secret sale a minutes ago? Registration page was live but you couldn't progress to sale

Link is still open http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016/worthy-farm/900001 

not sure - maybe there was another link available that completed - very strange

1 hour ago, karaseen said:

I suppose they sell out in seconds, but I just had a friend say she got one and I posted the link immediately. It is weird that you can still get through to the add regs page.

either that same person has posted as multiple sexes and names across the net - or it did open about an hour ago and a few people got through, or everyone decided to hoax each other and pretend they had some success at the same time.

..without a page change notification

Edited by 5co77ie

8 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Says " Admission tickets are currently unavailable " when I add my friend's details

I'm trying to get one for my mate and am getting this too. I get the impression if I do this an hour every day (within reason) till the festival I will get him one.