Secret resales 2015

Terence99

The secret resales are dead easy - so long as you're online/got good reception, available to drop everything, can successfully monitor the website and don't mind the stress of knowing if you miss those last few minutes you're royally screwed.

It's always easy if you can score tickets, but believe me the wait is anything but.

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick! But how do you find out about the secret resales? I missed out on tickets and desperately want to try and get a couple in a secret resale!

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick! But how do you find out about the secret resales? I missed out on tickets and desperately want to try and get a couple in a secret resale!

There won't be any until after the official resale in April. Try to get your tickets in that, then if you fail come back on here and there will be a thread like this one hopefully. From reading this thread, last year was a mixture of email notifications from a poster called siblin and a whatsapp group to notify everyone. Good luck!

There won't be any until after the official resale in April. Try to get your tickets in that, then if you fail come back on here and there will be a thread like this one hopefully. From reading this thread, last year was a mixture of email notifications from a poster called siblin and a whatsapp group to notify everyone. Good luck!

Sweet. Thanks for the info!

The final time people can get a refund on their tickets is normally in May. Once that deadline passes then the tickets of these come available over the following week or so.

It's probably worth mentioning that the numbers of people who get a refund after April resale are pretty small and you really shouldn't make plans on the basis that you'll be lucky with that resale. This year they were in the middle of the day a couple of weeks after the refund deadline. They don't announce them, they just put them back on sale.

Although lots of people on these forums were lucky this year, it shouldn't be taken for granted. There were lots of people who just happened to be in a meeting, driving or just away from their screen at the time they came back on, and then it was all over.

It's now also so well known that you probably couldn't call it a 'secret' anymore. I expect a Google seach will take you right to this thread, meaning that number of people trying this year will be greater than last.

Put everything you can into April, that's my advice.

Glastonbury tweeted (twittered? I'm so out of touch) that tickets were back on sale at one point. I'd set up an alert on twitter so it would appear on the top of my phone, I think its was mobile notifications. Anyway, that worked too.

Yes, that's true (tried to show a picture of the tweet on 18 May below).  This had never occurred to me as a possibility.  I got mine for a mate, through idly clicking on this thread and seeing the word "YES!!!".  You have to have a twitter account, follow @GlastoFest and I believe set up something called "Push Notifications" for your phone for the Glasto twitter feed. e.g.,  http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Push-Notifications-for-a-Users-Tweets-on-Twitter-for-Android-App

(I haven't managed the last step yet, as my phone is too full/old to download the latest version of Twitter and the version I have set it up on doesn't have the option for Notifications).

Definitely worth doing in the week that last date to cancel tickets and get a refund is (8th May last year??).  Good luck all who will be still trying - Forget about it till April now.

• 5 months later...

Hi there- 1 year on! I was wondering if any of you who were successful in the resale/ secret resale from last years glastonbury tickets might have any tips for how to best try and secure tickets for the 2016 festival?

I am just really desperate to get my hands on a ticket, its a festival I have always wanted to go to and I would hate to think I have missed out on this! Also if you know anything of the patterns for the resales.. are they just completely random?

I see you had this whatsapp group between the efest goers on this forum last year and that clearly worked really well!! Did anyone who missed out on the initial secret resale manage to power through and still locate a ticket or 2 or was there just the one secret resale people think in the end? Sorry for all the questions- just trying my best to get any info on the patterns or past behaviours of the resales, really hoping I can finally experience glastonbury myself! thanks for all your help in advance, and truly good luck to anyone else looking for 2016 tickets, hopefully the efest community can come together like it did last year and we can all make it to glasto! Thanks x

24 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

Hi there- 1 year on! I was wondering if any of you who were successful in the resale/ secret resale from last years glastonbury tickets might have any tips for how to best try and secure tickets for the 2016 festival?

I am just really desperate to get my hands on a ticket, its a festival I have always wanted to go to and I would hate to think I have missed out on this! Also if you know anything of the patterns for the resales.. are they just completely random?

I see you had this whatsapp group between the efest goers on this forum last year and that clearly worked really well!! Did anyone who missed out on the initial secret resale manage to power through and still locate a ticket or 2 or was there just the one secret resale people think in the end? Sorry for all the questions- just trying my best to get any info on the patterns or past behaviours of the resales, really hoping I can finally experience glastonbury myself! thanks for all your help in advance, and truly good luck to anyone else looking for 2016 tickets, hopefully the efest community can come together like it did last year and we can all make it to glasto! Thanks x

Success in the main resale depends on the same factors as the October sale as it's announced beforehand so you're up against loads of other equally desperate people - so being prepared with reg details, autofill for the booking form if you get to that page, making sure you have funds,  and as many people as possible trying on your behalf. The secret sale(s) aren't announced until they actually happen, so you need to be watching the ticket page or use a page monitor such as 'follow that page'.  I was extremely lucky last year following this thread and pretty much refreshing the ticket page continuously from 9 to 5 for about a week!  It takes some dedication. The final deadline for ticket refunds is about a week into May, then the resale's 1 or 2 weeks after that.  Nearer the time there will be more posts about it, and people are understandably keen to help people who  have shown a commitment to efests and the Glastonbury spirit by posting and sharing their thoughts and experience with others here.  Good luck.

• Upvote 1

I've got a ticket this year but I will say stick with this forum and you have a better chance in the secret resale that the proper resale next month. Last year I put the time in and with the help of the other guys in here I got my tickets. Only issue last two years it's really started to be Publicised online, last year one festival Twitter page blurted it everywhere 

ill be helping. 

I was lucky in the original sale for the first time in 3 years so I feel your pain! I've always been to scared to miss out so went for coach and was lucky every time. Hope we can get everyone on the forums sorted and will actively help as many as I can! Not sure who organises the group but If you see this feel free to pm me! 

I have a ticket but will be trying for a mate in the resales. I was able to get on the site in the secret resale last year so am quite optimistic! 

My mate thought she was getting a vip ticket but now looks like it was a scam and she's £200 lighter... 

1 minute ago, Becks12 said:

My mate thought she was getting a vip ticket but now looks like it was a scam and she's £200 lighter... 

That sucks, it happened to a friend with Warehouse Project tickets. But why would vip tickets be the same price as normal tickets? She should have got suspicious right there.

Yeah it always seemed a bit suspicious to me but she was convinced it was legit. This was all sorted in Sept, so early?  The figure seemed a bit random, surely they'd be free or loads of money? Whats worse is she got through back in Oct and got tickets for other people! In hindsight she should have got one for herself and lost the deposit. 

Basically it was a friend of her boyfriend at the time. The boyfriend said he was legit even those things guy got busted for selling fake pills at Glastonbury a few years ago.... He claims to know someone who can get these vip tickets, someone in the music industry. Someone who leaked to us that Rihanna was headlining this year... 

A few weeks ago she emailed Glastonbury and they said that no vip tickets had been confirmed yet and they advise against ever giving anyone any money for them. So we're worried now! 

42 minutes ago, Becks12 said:

Yeah it always seemed a bit suspicious to me but she was convinced it was legit. This was all sorted in Sept, so early?  The figure seemed a bit random, surely they'd be free or loads of money? Whats worse is she got through back in Oct and got tickets for other people! In hindsight she should have got one for herself and lost the deposit. 

Basically it was a friend of her boyfriend at the time. The boyfriend said he was legit even those things guy got busted for selling fake pills at Glastonbury a few years ago.... He claims to know someone who can get these vip tickets, someone in the music industry. Someone who leaked to us that Rihanna was headlining this year... 

A few weeks ago she emailed Glastonbury and they said that no vip tickets had been confirmed yet and they advise against ever giving anyone any money for them. So we're worried now! 

How did she pay? please don't say cash 

22 hours ago, Musiclover99 said:

I'm sure there will be another thread nearer the time and hopefully someone will organise a whatsapp group. As long as you can guarantee that someone will be in front of a PC for the week or so of the secret resaleI(s) you should have no issue getting a ticket. Even though these sales aren't exactly a 'secret' anymore I think a combination of the short notice (just over a month before the festival) and the fact the times aren't announced will mean chances are good for those trying.

Best of luck in the main resale first though!

On 27 March 2016 at 2:59 AM, dizzymoo said:

Success in the main resale depends on the same factors as the October sale as it's announced beforehand so you're up against loads of other equally desperate people - so being prepared with reg details, autofill for the booking form if you get to that page, making sure you have funds,  and as many people as possible trying on your behalf. The secret sale(s) aren't announced until they actually happen, so you need to be watching the ticket page or use a page monitor such as 'follow that page'.  I was extremely lucky last year following this thread and pretty much refreshing the ticket page continuously from 9 to 5 for about a week!  It takes some dedication. The final deadline for ticket refunds is about a week into May, then the resale's 1 or 2 weeks after that.  Nearer the time there will be more posts about it, and people are understandably keen to help people who  have shown a commitment to efests and the Glastonbury spirit by posting and sharing their thoughts and experience with others here.  Good luck.

Okay thats great thanks so much for your help! It sounds like a lot of dedication yes - but 100% worth it in the end I'm sure. I'm gonna just try my best in the official resale and then if that fails I feel a little assured that there is still hope, with a lot of dedication and effort for the cause! Yes I understand that completely, thanks again for your help Dizzymoo 

On 28 March 2016 at 4:11 AM, tskerrett said:

I've got a ticket this year but I will say stick with this forum and you have a better chance in the secret resale that the proper resale next month. Last year I put the time in and with the help of the other guys in here I got my tickets. Only issue last two years it's really started to be Publicised online, last year one festival Twitter page blurted it everywhere 

ill be helping. 

Ahh well done on securing your ticket! Yeah you are right. I can see its starting to get a lot more publicised which is a shame, just really have to keep my fingers crossed for myself and the other efesters that are yet to get their hands on a ticket. Thanks!

Thanks for your replies one and all, really appreciate it and just gonna give it my all in the April resale and then go from there if that fails. About your friend and the VIP ticket situation Becks.. I guess if they paid cash all you can do now is remain hopeful- you never know it might pull through and turn out to be a legitimate ticket after all which would be fab! Fingers crossed for your friend. If not, like it has been said they should just try to report it to the police.. you never know if the guy has been caught before at glastonbury maybe someone from glasto fest itself might be sympathetic if it turns out the ticket is a phony. I know its a long shot but you forget all these organisers are only human themselves and perhaps if you flag it up to them they might be able to help in some way.. No disadvantage in trying anyway! 

(from experience I won festival tickets in a mixmag competition once and when they didn't arrive a couple of days before they put me on the guest list no issue, I know its completely different, but perhaps if it does fall through contacting the festival itself is worth a shot anyway!) Fingers crossed for your friend anyway, I hope there is no need for any further action!! 

B