New 2015 Map

siblin

Also spotted no The Blues here, but I have a funny feeling it was missing from last year's map too

The area between the Park and Arcadia seems to all be public camping now and the staff camping has moved to the steep southern field

Rabbit hole is now unmarked, as is the crow's nest, summer palace and many bars still unmarked (mandela, one by JP, brothers, west holts bar, bread&roses)

No sign of EE sponsorship bits yet, leftfield where chill+charge/radio1 stage used to be

Queueing system for SE Corner the same - not gonna read anything into the layout down there yet though

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone do the other thingy (a gif that switches back and forth between the 2014 and 2015 map?).

The pyramid fueld thing could be anticipation of the headliner or reaction to Dolly. That said nobody on the current line-up would need extra space so here's hoping...

I can, (in fact those on my page monitor have been emailed one) but theres not really enough similarity between the two, as they've completely re-drawn it. They've added the car parks to the west which completely changes its dimensions too..

Ref the Pyramid Field extension, as it was there last year too ie not just for the Stones, I'm taking it that the fest organisers saw the positive advantages of pushing the tent line back from the path so that those using the path did not have to endure some of the moronic japes that have always been played by those camping there.

Ref the Pyramid Field extension, as it was there last year too ie not just for the Stones, I'm taking it that the fest organisers saw the positive advantages of pushing the tent line back from the path so that those using the path did not have to endure some of the moronic japes that have always been played by those camping there.

No. It only ran past the path and into Row Mead in 2013 for the Stones, not last year. You can see on the aerial photos.

I'm sure it is just a 'it seemed to work well, lets just keep it like that' thing, but lets fuel the third headliner fire!

Edited by Inconspicuous

Yeah, but so are pretty much all Glastonbury headliner. But they're not Stones big and they're the only act that have required an extension of the field

field.

The only person i can think of that would need extra space would be Bowie, and it's obviously not Zavid, is it?

Or is it?

Oasis??

I just tried knocking together a GIF comparison of 2014/2015, it's by no means perfect.

EDIT: Better version

Good work - i was about to attempt this. Even the site is raving.

Perhaps using the 3 pylons as references works to line everything up?

Not sure what the normal process is for releasing the map. Do they normally release a preliminary one and then a more detailed one that they hand out with the programme?

With so many bits missing, this can't be the final map surely?

There were about 3 revisions last year.

They also gave out the wrong map with the lanyards last year. There were various mistakes, like Arcadia being near the other stage and the Glade being the Spirit of '71 stage.

I remember looking for an ee charging tent to replace my power bar. I was looking around the John peel tent area and couldn't find it even though it was on the map.

didn't realise I had the 2013 map in the guide

Cheers.

Working out where we are going to camp now based on the new map.

I think our usual spot of Park Home Ground may be changed to Dairy Ground as its going to be tough to get a spot on Park.

Psst. have camped in Dairy last two years and its a pretty good spot. Keep it under your hat though

Ha, will do.

Was it busy? We noticed Park Ground was crazy busy at 10am on Wednesday. Have you noticed an increase at Dairy since Arcadia moved?

I remember when Dairy was deemed quiet and good for families!

Yep - a bit, but its never the peg-to-peg craziness of pennards. Took until the afternoon to fill up properly, we had plenty of space to set up our camp at 10am, with more grass than tents