New 2015 Map

siblin

First page of results for "Glastonbury license increase" gives you various news articles about it including one here http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140312a.shtml

The new license allows a year on year increase in staff/performer tickets, they just can't change the number of general sale ones. So these tickets likely either come out of staff allocation, then they add more staff tickets in, or they're coming out of the existing hospitality tickets, so they're being sold here instead of given to some big business as freebies or to d-list celebs.

hospitality tickets come from the big pile that generally gets called 'staff tickets'. The numbers of free kids also comes from that pile.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hospitality tickets come from the big pile that generally gets called 'staff tickets'. The numbers of free kids also comes from that pile.

Are the tickets that go to the posh camping places from the hospitality quota also do you know?

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Are you a c*nt? No

Do you like to be surrounded by c*nts? No

Do you have a disgusting level of disposable income? In a UK comparison... possibly (some would think so) / Globally... almost certainly

Hate plebs? No

Then Festibell is the place for you! Thank you very much!

The rest is general comment, but I just wanted to answer Bza's questions!

I've been off site the last couple of years (2014/2015), in a similar boat to JoeyMester's friends who could only get tickets that way.

Before that (for three years I think) we were in the campervan fields. I'd estimate the level of my personal enjoyment lost going from campervan to off site at less than 1%.

Before that, and since pre-superfence days, we were in the general camping area. I'd estimate the level of my personal enjoyment lost going from general camping to campervan at less than 1%.

Now we might be special cases - most nights we try to keep exploring and enjoying the festival until literally hitting the wall, then the tent / campervan / off site area is just for sleeping in. That's not to say we haven't had some fabulous times just sat around the camp fire late at night... but as it happens we can still do that - either where we sleep or with friends we make, whether they be offsite or onsite.

Now I'm getting on a bit and I have a reasonable amount of disposable income. My first choice would always be to buy campervan tickets, second choice is general camping, 3rd choice is offsite/hospitality (although I've investigated working). If it came to it and the cost of going offsite became prohibitive then I'd accept it wasn't meant to be that year.

Excluding Worthy View, how many people are there like me in "luxury"? Less than 1% of the festival? Does it really wind people up so much that we're there? Come and have a beer with me and see if you like me as a person rather than an income... I'll 100% be at West Holts for Caribou / Hot Chip!

back to the map - no Bimble Inn this year?

I really don’t understand the map maker this year. Yes no Bimble Inn is marked. Neither is Cockmill bar, but I bet that is still there. More likely it's missing because he stuck Pilton Palace over the top of the beer mug

I reckon it’s more because of the map maker probably has a lot more to do in another department and doesn’t have the time to give this version justice.

I think it’s a shame they have lost the title 'Fine Guide'

Maybe it’s GF policy to be vague on purpose leaving all the geography a mystery to be explored and discovered. After all GF web site says “If in doubt, just wonder’

I have heard there is a new bar at the top of the Park (south) up the hill.

Edited to add, I mean a proper bar, not to be confused with the new viewing platform thingy

Edited by Staberinde

I really don’t understand the map maker this year. Yes no Bimble Inn is marked. Neither is Cockmill bar, but I bet that is still there. More likely it's missing because he stuck Pilton Palace over the top of the beer mug

In v4 of this year's map there is a bar marked where the Cockmill usually goes. There's better bloody be as well, it's the best selection of ale on the site! Things could get ugly! (and that's not normal for a group of real ale enthusiasts.... errr........)

All about 20, 21, 23 & 24 will be "family" camping areas id reckon

Although 20 is only half a field really due to the hill and 20 & 21 do tend to be full of the early bird hardcore veteran camper types, so families will not get too much priority in those fields I suspect, unless they change it up a bit with the loose definition of the "family" camping fields

In v4 of this year's map there is a bar marked where the Cockmill usually goes. There's better bloody be as well, it's the best selection of ale on the site! Things could get ugly! (and that's not normal for a group of real ale enthusiasts.... errr........)

i admire your taste in Ale :)

Weird, I read that V4 is out, went on the official site and thought I was looking at it, when I was actually looking at V3 ? Oh well, as much as we all like debating the map - I love it - we'll all be there soon

How far is the john peel to the glade? wanna watch slaves then try and ctach John Fairhurst

10 / 15 minute walk depending on weather conditions etc. If the ground is firm and no big crowd on at Other , you can stomp across the field, if its a boggy quagmire its a schlep around the field on the walkways.

i admire your taste in Ale :)

Weird, I read that V4 is out, went on the official site and thought I was looking at it, when I was actually looking at V3 ? Oh well, as much as we all like debating the map - I love it - we'll all be there soon

the v4 map is on the info page:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/

the Areas page still has v3 on it, which is probably the page you were looking at?

I really don’t understand the map maker this year. Yes no Bimble Inn is marked. Neither is Cockmill bar, but I bet that is still there. More likely it's missing because he stuck Pilton Palace over the top of the beer mug.

I'm pretty certain that the Cockmill Bar is still there because a friend of mine is working the festival and she thinks that's where she'll be.

I'm pretty certain that the Cockmill Bar is still there because a friend of mine is working the festival and she thinks that's where she'll be.

well unless she is a Manager she wont know for sure - Avalon/shelter have advertised for staff so they are not doing it just for the fun of it
The Beer Contract does not end until after 2016 and there is no way would Avalon give that spot up as its their prime bar so really it does not matter if it does not appear in a map as ' it will be there. '

well unless she is a Manager she wont know for sure - Avalon/shelter have advertised for staff so they are not doing it just for the fun of it

The Beer Contract does not end until after 2016 and there is no way would Avalon give that spot up as its their prime bar so really it does not matter if it does not appear in a map as ' it will be there. '

No she isn't a manager but she thinks that's where she'll be - she seems to be in touch with somebody who is a manager?

Is that Avalon/Shelter advert current please, Glasto-worker?

No she isn't a manager but she thinks that's where she'll be - she seems to be in touch with somebody who is a manager?

Is that Avalon/Shelter advert current please, Glasto-worker?

they filled their places long ago but they have some 'late' places for ' experienced festival bar staff '
I cant give out the phone details as they will get pissed off but if you have previous festival bar experience send me a PM
Warning - - those places may be gone by now as ' they will go fast '

Quality image, thanks for posting. I didn't realise it was over a mile from JPT to the Park! GPS walking app on my phone tells me it takes me 16 mins approx at normal pace to walk a mile over grassy land, so that's basically 20 mins or more in reality at Glastonbury.

Totally going to go overboard using this chart and clashfinder now :)

gallery_5843_636_20384.jpg.