New 2015 Map

siblin

Don't know if its been noticed but in amongst the hubbub of the ticket resale glasto seem to have sneaked in a new fine guide map..

Can't see a huge amount of difference just yet, though it is a slightly different layout, colour scheme and slightly more detailed

2015mapv1.png

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good spot.

Looks like they have reverted to the 2013 style extension of the back of the Pyramid field. In anticipation of another Stones sized headliner maybe...

The bit to the east was like that last year too, though to the north they could have moved the bar to free up space

Edit: oh yeah they've shaved some of row mead again! If anyone has bets on the stone roses or something id cash out. It's gonna be someone big ;)

Edited by siblin

foo fighters and Kanye are already big

Yeah, but so are pretty much all Glastonbury headliner. But they're not Stones big and they're the only act that have required an extension of the field

field.

The only person i can think of that would need extra space would be Bowie, and it's obviously not Zavid, is it?

Or is it?

But they're not Stones big and they're the only act that have required an extension of the field

field.

Except that the field "extension" was also fully in place for the 2014 festival, headlined by Arcade Fire, Metallica, and Kasabian.

Can we just accept that (obviously) it's now a permanent change, and nothing whatsoever to do with whoever the 3rd headliner may end up being?

Likewise with the Bars - there's at least 10 missing that I can count, so the absence of the Mandela Bar from the map means nothing.

I'm guessing this is just an early iteration and the bars and other finer details will be added. Last year we had several of these before the final version, I seem to remember.

Row Mead looks tinier than ever this year! I wonder how quickly that will fill up. Still, Kidney Mead/Pennards looks most desirable in terms of sheer convenience, but bother are a trek from Gate A. Lower Mead looks more bearable but further away from the SE corner... I'll think more about camping areas when the stage lists come out, I reckon.

Likewise with the Bars - there's at least 10 missing that I can count, so the absence of the Mandela Bar from the map means nothing.

Officially in 2014 the actual Bar count was just over 90 so there is lots missing - they will reappear in a later version.

Except that the field "extension" was also fully in place for the 2014 festival, headlined by Arcade Fire, Metallica, and Kasabian.

Can we just accept that (obviously) it's now a permanent change, and nothing whatsoever to do with whoever the 3rd headliner may end up being?

I don't remember this.... Its not on the 2014 map but maybe it's not just for headliner... We definately needed that space for dolly so perhaps they are expecting a mega crowd for Mr Ritchie Edited by Peroni

Can someone do the other thingy (a gif that switches back and forth between the 2014 and 2015 map?).

The pyramid fueld thing could be anticipation of the headliner or reaction to Dolly. That said nobody on the current line-up would need extra space so here's hoping...

as much as i want to get my hopes up for a mega sized headliner, surely only the likes of Bowie, Zeppelin etc would require the same space requirements that the Stones had - even Prince, i think, wouldn't come close to pulling the same crowd that they did. purely coincidence i think - maybe a permanent move from the festival to avoid unanticipated overcrowding

Not sure if it is entirely accurate but silver hayes looks interesting. Sonic is still there (same shape sadly) but so is the despacio tent (unlabelled). blues is not shown on the map and BBC introducing (if that's what it still is has a bigger 'dot'...

Edited by DJL