campervan/caravan recommended arrival times?

siannysian

Hi there! We are in the East campervan field this year for the first time and wondering if people had any advice on arrival times please? I know it's open from midday Tuesday, but we have around a five hour drive so trying to work out whether we need to leave mega early to arrive at 12 when it opens or if we can afford a little lie in/leisurely drive and arrive around 2pm? We have heard the walk to and from the gate on the campervan fields can range from 5 mins to 50mins, and we'd obviously rather be closer to the 5 than 50! Any advice grateful appreciated :)

i wouldnt worry about rushing either, we have been parked in many different fields over the years and once right by the far fence and it was never anything like a 50 minute walk - even in the mud and rain. The eariest we have arrived is 8pm on the Tuesday and we were pretty close to the top of the hill that year so at 2Pm you wont have a problem - enjpy that extra sleep:)

I've turned up around 3-5pm, Weds, the last 3 festivals, and didn't have much of a queue, and then ended up in E17 or E18 (I think it was E18), with about a 15 minute walk, for me, to the gate. They do fill up the fields in a variety of ways, so arriving early doesn't always get you nearer the gate, but that's more time to build up the daily excitement, eh?

Edited by carlosj

Arrived about 5pm or so on Tuesday a couple of years back and ended up near E17 (which used to be in a different place - now seems like it's called E23 ) in the Family Field. Arrived Wednesday about 1pm last time I was in the Camper field and we were miles away, literally. It was a huge hike to the festival, think it was E15 or something.

It does seem to be a bit "pot luck" how they fill up, but there does seem to be a broad "front to back" filling of the fields.