LAST MINUTE TICKET BUYING TIPS - RESALE

petewentzaway

For all of those unlucky people still left without tickets (including me), does anybody have any tips to increase our chances?

This is the first year I've had an actual chance to get Glasto tickets (despite wanting to have gone for many, MANY years; difficulties regarding home situation etc. have stopped me from going). I would be unbelievably grateful if someone were to give some tips for buying me and my mum tickets in the resale?

Thank you and good luck to all those trying!

For all of those unlucky people still left without tickets (including me), does anybody have any tips to increase our chances?

This is the first year I've had an actual chance to get Glasto tickets (despite wanting to have gone for many, MANY years; difficulties regarding home situation etc. have stopped me from going). I would be unbelievably grateful if someone were to give some tips for buying me and my mum tickets in the resale?

Thank you and good luck to all those trying!

Other than getting as many people to try as possible, there are very few tips or strategies which work.

Get online at 8:30, there are always rumours of people getting a ticket at 8:45 / 8:50. I don't know of anyone, but you may be that lucky person.

The more people you have trying, the better.

F5 too. If it doesn't load up, f5 it to refresh. Don't wait for the automatic refresh.

Otherwise, sit there and pray.

Good luck

Other than getting as many people to try as possible, there are very few tips or strategies which work.

Get online at 8:30, there are always rumours of people getting a ticket at 8:45 / 8:50. I don't know of anyone, but you may be that lucky person.

The more people you have trying, the better.

F5 too. If it doesn't load up, f5 it to refresh. Don't wait for the automatic refresh.

Otherwise, sit there and pray.

Good luck

All of this. Several years ago I got tickets at 8.30 so it can happen, nervous wait for the confirmation email though!

Also use your phone on 3 or 4g, worked for me 2014 tickets, had been using wifi on computer iPad and phone without a sniff of a chance, took phone off wifi and used the 3g and straight through.

Have 2 separate bowsers open, one on auto refresh the other manually.

Edited by jamesrfisher

I've been lucky every year apart from G2013. Get online early - I also got tickets at 8:30 for G2009. Get as many people trying as possible. One browser on each device (use your phone on 3G too) open one web page, then bear the f*ck out of F5 until you get into the booking system. Don't rely on auto refresh even if the page instructs you to do so. Other people have had some luck with it, but I never have. Glasto have been clear that are not held in a queue. If it hangs while processing your booking, press the back key and re-submit. Good luck!

Another tip, especially if buying for a group and all at different addresses, have a Word or other text doc open with

1. registration numbers

2. post codes making sure they are linked to the reg numbers

3. debit card number

Once through you can copy and paste the info, quicker than typing and being quick is the name of the game as tickets are not held until paid for!

It is also worth going onto

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/850007

now. I know this is for Worthy View but if you take time to put reg number and postcode in and press proceed your browser should remember your numbers and postcode so only need to type in first digit/letter. Do this for all people you are trying for and should speed up process.

Sorry can't help anybody but on call from 9am tomorrow so can't guarantee will have internet access.

Edited by jamesrfisher

It is also worth going onto

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/850007

now. I know this is for Worthy View but if you take time to put reg number and postcode in and press proceed your browser should remember your numbers and postcode so only need to type in first digit/letter. Do this for all people you are trying for and should speed up process.

That's the one thing I hadn't tried so far, thank you!

Don't forget to try phoning as well. We use PC, iPad and home phone. Multiple browsers. We split up as well. So one at home and one at a parents. Keep an eye on Twitter and this forum to look for tips like the famous host file edit a few years ago. Start trying 30 mins before. Double check all your registration details before hand.

Good luck

Don't forget to try phoning as well. We use PC, iPad and home phone. Multiple browsers. We split up as well. So one at home and one at a parents. Keep an eye on Twitter and this forum to look for tips like the famous host file edit a few years ago. Start trying 30 mins before. Double check all your registration details before hand.

Good luck

They aren't available on the phone, as with the deposit sale in October so don't waste your time phoning!

I can't help out in the resale unfortunately but one thing I would do is be all ready to go from 8.30am and maybe even pop onto the booking page and any backdoor links a couple of times so that they are cached into your computer/tablet/phones memory (might help make a bit of a difference). Open up a tab or two on a couple of different browsers and then be on the booking page from 8.50amish F5'ing like mad. This method seems to work for me. Good luck to everyone trying! And don't forget to keep an eye on efestivals for the secret re-sales too!

if you are fortunate enough to have a mac, make sure you have keychain with all the relevant card details sorted (unsure if there is a windows equivilant) its really quick and helpful! the best of luck to everyone

This is a browser feature not a mac feature and all the browser support some kind of auto-fill feature now

There is no advantage to owning a mac, or indeed any type of computer. beware snake-oil solutions - just be ready with the details, one or two windows to refresh on the right URL already and don't balls up your card details

Try getting through on 3G then changing to wifi when your on the reg page, worked for me the last 3 years, have to change to wifi to put in your payment details else it doesn't realise you're in the UK, good luck to you all

Yes it does, and it wouldn't matter if it didn't, the sale is international

Yes it does, and it wouldn't matter if it didn't, the sale is international

i know how the sale works, that it's international, you can only pay by credit card from abroad if you pay with debit card you need to be in the UK, like I said worked for me last 3 years, you don't have to use my method, and I didn't actually have to try and give some advice like I said I've been last 3 years and going again this year! Never had an issue getting tickets in fact managed to get through to reg page twice this year, but good luck with however you try, I won't bother next time