Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strewth, the price of Green Man tickets on second hand sites is obscene. A lot of good can often come from commenting on the FB page saying you need a ticket and will pay face value, I've got into loads of gigs that have been sold out and going for extortionate amounts by doing this. Anybody who is a real fan and not a dick with a spare ticket is always happy to help.

A mate found a buyer for his Bjork ticket for £100, but I had the ticket. As I live in Manchester and he doesn't, he asked me to meet the woman and take the cash, he'd give me a cut. I met the woman, took £45 from her (she actually seemed quite uncomfortable with it, was worried he'd come looking for her or something), I passed the money onto my mate... minus my promised cut, of course.

I have a predicament here. Some of my mates are going to Leeds festival which in itself has a decent enough line up (not £220 worthy, but hey ho). I told them I wouldn't be going as I couldn't afford it but now I've got a saving plan in place that means I can probably afford one more this summer. If I go to Green Man, I'll be going solo but a lot of the acts on the bill aren't really what my mates are in to anyway. Everyone I know who would go to Green Man are either abroad at the time, can't get any more time off work or are totally skint.

Bestival's now off the radar as it's just too pricey.

My mates have been considering Leeds since we got home, seeing as it's our local one and we normally go, but I dunno if I can deal with the disappointment of buying a ticket then getting there and remembering how shite it is.

Can just picture being sat at the tent at midnight and then begrudgingly trudging down to a shitey silent disco for a few hours every single night, and then thinking about my nights at Glasto and crying.

Can just picture being sat at the tent at midnight and then begrudgingly trudging down to a shitey silent disco for a few hours every single night, and then thinking about my nights at Glasto and crying.

Just get off yer tits in Piccadilly and forget about everything.

It'll probably just be a rave to catfish and the bottlemen tracks this year though.

Just get off yer tits in Piccadilly and forget about everything.

It'll probably just be a rave to catfish and the bottlemen tracks this year though.

Fucking hate Picadilly. First year I went they played Assassin into Chop Suey there and it was a fucking riot. Every other time I've been has been revolting.

Will defo piss it down at Leeds though. There are quite a few acts I wanna see to be fair. Don't think I can get any more time off work anyway though so not gonna think about it. On holiday the week before so Leeds can go away.

Edit: No idea what I'm trying to say in that last paragraph. What a jumble.

Edited by Will-2609