Best Memory from T

SilverLining

With all the talk of T getting shut down and being no more a few friends and I were talking about the greatest performances and the greatest tracks we'd heard and been a part of T.

I'd be gutted if T folded (still can't see it happening)

what would everyone say their favourite T memory was?

Edited by SilverLining

Foo Fighters in 2011 closing with Everlong in the pouring rain was magical.

I remeber this well I really wanted to see the Bloody Beetroots in the Slam tent but left early so that I could get to see some of Deadmau5 then catch the end of Foos'. Beady eye ran quite a bit over their time so Deadmau5 was late and I only ended up catching this final song it was like tough mudder running between the stages though.

Probably my biggest regret of TITP not just going to see all of Foo's.

I've had so many amazing moments at T but i'd probably say seeing editors/faithless then straight to tuts but due to powercuts that year getting to see a majority of Hot Chip and then Calvin Harri do one of his final live shows. I left Calvin early again and caught Knights of Cydonia from a distance it was amazing as it was one of my first TITP's and i saw about 5 of my favourite acts in a row by sheer luck.

everyone chanting at the end of the Pendulum 2011 set was pretty special too still get goosebumps watching the footage back

Edited by SilverLining

Would have to say mine would be either Weezer in the rain 2011 or Faithless on the main stage in 2010 followed by Calvin Harris (Live) in the tent which was bouncing and pretty incredible. 2010 was my first T and I just remember the crowds being 1000x better than anywhere down south which made me want to keep coming back!

Yeah 2011 was great, pissing down for bits of it but Weezer into MCR into Pulp into Foos on the main stage was amazing.

My favourite though is still Brian Wilson in Pet Sounds. My group all put on hawaiian shirts and brought inflatable lilos and beach balls (my beach ball ended on stage at Brian's feet). The atmosphere in there was the best I've ever experienced at t.

Edited by cammie81

I remeber this well I really wanted to see the Bloody Beetroots in the Slam tent but left early so that I could get to see some of Deadmau5 then catch the end of Foos'. Beady eye ran quite a bit over their time so Deadmau5 was late and I only ended up catching this final song it was like tough mudder running between the stages though.

Probably my biggest regret of TITP not just going to see all of Foo's.

I've had so many amazing moments at T but i'd probably say seeing editors/faithless then straight to tuts but due to powercuts that year getting to see a majority of Hot Chip and then Calvin Harri do one of his final live shows. I left Calvin early again and caught Knights of Cydonia from a distance it was amazing as it was one of my first TITP's and i saw about 5 of my favourite acts in a row by sheer luck.

everyone chanting at the end of the Pendulum 2011 set was pretty special too still get goosebumps watching the footage back

I really wanted to see Bloody Beetroots but couldn't miss the Foos.

Arctic Monkeys were pretty great in 2011 too.

Biffy in 2013.

Chase and Status in a jam packed Tuts in 2011.

Travis in 2013 was really good, just one big sing along.

Probably my first year just for it being my first time but if I had to pinpoint an act, biffy last year with a thoroughly deserved headline spot and seeing Enter Shikari for the first time in 2012 moshing in a foot of mud, memories I will never forget and which i'm sure will be added to when t goes ahead this year ;)

Too many to pick favourites but my most memorable performance was Levellers in Pet Sounds in 2006. They were amazing that day. Pendulum in King Tuts when they were just getting big was mental. The sound that Jane's Addiction produced to a half empty NME stage has never been matched. The pits and energy at RATM were above anything I've seen since. I remember one year getting out of the tent to an unexpected downpour. The forecast was supposedly nice. We went in for Stranglers who were on main 2nd I think. It continued to be that fine misty rain that gets through everything until they played "always the sun" whereby, as if by divine intervention, a single beam of sunlight burst through the clouds and rain and lit up the golden circle. The crowd went mental and of course the band tried to claim credit for it. It cleared up after that and was scorching for the rest of the weekend. Happy days.

Kasabian in Pet Sounds in 06, absolutely unbelievable still probably my favourite set at T to this date, the lack of expectancy of it all just added to the excitement, 06 is the best festival I've been to and I was only a pup at the time too

Rage in 08 is the best headliner I've seen and will probably ever see, other notables would be The Streets in the slam tent in 2011(i think) and Pendulum a few years ago on the nme stage was absolute chaos

Edited by Mezhyp1

I know a couple of other people have already mentioned it but Brian Wilson in 2007 was outstanding. It was pissing it down outside but inside that tent it was roasting and the atmosphere was electric. This might sound weird but it did feel like you were at a festival in California. Never seen a crowd like it. It's something I'll never forget.

Other highlights:

Katy Perry in 2009 (scorching sunshine, right at the barrier, you knew you were watching a superstar, when she came down into the crowd she climbed onto the barrier and my face was practically in her cleavage)

Manu Chao in 2006. Not a clue who he was but he was the best act I saw all weekend. Got the crowd on side early on who were really up for it. Probably the biggest early Main Stage crowd I'd seen until...

Calvin Harris in 2009. On the Main Stage first thing in the afternoon. You'd think he was headlining the festival. Huge crowd who knew every word to every song. Brilliant atmosphere partying in the sun. In fact, Lady Gaga who followed him was cracking too (if not a bit bonkers).

Other great moments - Beyonce, Elbow in 2009, Black Eyed Peas, We Are Scientists in 2008, Calvin Harris' first T set in King Tuts in 2007 was a proper moment, Tom Jones, Alabama Shakes to name but a few.

Radiohead 96

Beastie Boys 98 or 99 .. Insane

Kraftwerk were also immense but sadly the tent was around 1/3 full. Pretty all the EDM kids didn't realise what they were missing.

I genuinely think its better in an atmosphere like that, Alt-J was pretty quiet who were up against Rihanna and it just made the atmosphere more special.

When people talk about seeing Rage in 2008 it makes me want to cry! Why wasn't i old enough!

People will be saying that in years to come when you're proudly telling the world you say Mumfords headline on their second album :fie: