Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

Two great critically acclaimed albums under their belt .. Fair bit of publicity and fame but I just can't see them becoming more than a cult band. Which is exactly how I like it!

aye they're not exactly the type of act that's gonna get a load of Radio One play or cater to that kind of thing. Royal Blood were destined for that from the start

Two great critically acclaimed albums under their belt .. Fair bit of publicity and fame but I just can't see them becoming more than a cult band. Which is exactly how I like it!

Doubtful. Even death grips are pretty obscenely popular now (given their type of music)

Not saying they'll become R1 type artists, but they're well on the name to becoming a bit of a household name among most hip hop fans.

Which is no bad thing!

Okay all of you need to sign a pact that says you won't start disliking them once they've got a shit load of radio one attention :P

I bet yellow fellow has already started to dislike them...

When you said it the other day; it wasn't the suggestion that we'd stop liking them that was ridiculous, it was the comparison in the first place.

Run The Jewels? Radio attention? Lolz

Yeah they wouldn't get radio attention

But there is quite big gap between run of the mil radio 1 playlist fodder and cult act. I'd say given the high placements on all the main music websites they've got in aoty shit and all their publicity, decent slots at big festivals etc. hardly mean RTJ are some cult underground shit.

When I read it this morning, I was gonna say they were probably never properly booked for Pukkelpop in the first place due to its absence from their tour dates, but didn't know if it was a stupid suggestion.

Very, very unprofessional. And then on top of that announcing a whole tour of an act will be cancelled?! Guess we won't see them for Pukkelpop 2016, despite of the organisation announcing in the edited press release they (RTJ) are looking forward to it...

Yeah they wouldn't get radio attention

But there is quite big gap between run of the mil radio 1 playlist fodder and cult act. I'd say given the high placements on all the main music websites they've got in aoty shit and all their publicity, decent slots at big festivals etc. hardly mean RTJ are some cult underground shit.

'Shot his cat, pop that pussy, threw that bitch!'

Classic radio 3 stuff there.