makhulumo

Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

Hard to tell how this went down overall but it was insane in the pit. Some hairy moments with that new 'form a circle then throw yourself around in it' thing the kids are doing now, but full of fans giving maximum love. The fellas looked genuinely touched as well. 

Was fucking amazing, this. Hadn't read any of the stuff about Mike's mum beforehand and thought he was joking about her dying when he said she's somewhere laughing.

Watching it back now and it looks amazing still. Peeped @Mash011 bouncing around during Lie, Cheat, Steal on iPlayer.

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was fucking amazing, this. Hadn't read any of the stuff about Mike's mum beforehand and thought he was joking about her dying when he said she's somewhere laughing.

Watching it back now and it looks amazing still. Peeped @Mash011 bouncing around during Lie, Cheat, Steal on iPlayer.

Eagle eyes here. They filmed me during Lie Cheat Steal last time, too. Probs cos that song is my life.

It was really something special wasn't it?

Your hardly ever see a Pyramid crowd kicking off like that, the scarfs were a great touch and I got genuinely really quite emotional over Mike dedicating the set to the Grenfell victims.

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Eagle eyes here. They filmed me during Lie Cheat Steal last time, too. Probs cos that song is my life.

Also peeped you through the crowd at Angel Olsen. Lots of Mash in my weekend this year.

Just watched it back and was as good as I remembered. Glad I went to the front as the atmosphere was bouncing. Had no idea about his Ma until now.

Jaime's 'poetry spot', the only duff thing about the set.

Hi guys,

Was in the pit for the whole thing with some buds. I was wearing a Lions T shirt (Rugby). The Moshing was absolutely fucking mad and I had a blast. I was also wearing severely broken sunnies by the end. Everyone was great inbetween the chaos though, hugs and laughter all around.

Any footage of the Moshing on IPlayer? Trying to spot me and my buds.

Well impressed. Got the crowd going, never seen them before and knew one or two tracks. Seem like really sound and humble guys too. Great show!

Bumping this thread in order to share this banger. Feel like Killer Mike overshadows El most of the time on RTJ albums, with El's main focus being production of course. This vid is a good reminder of how sick El-P is, possibly my favourite ever verse of his. All the verses on this are of the highest quality, especially Kool A.D and Depsot's (wheres the album!?!?) and El-P ofc.

• Upvote 4

That's awesome. Never seen that, cheers.

Obviously they're universal with Run the Jewels but I'd love to see solo shows from either of the guys at some point soon. Or perhaps even just their own tracks inserted into RTJ shows; I know Reagan made one of the shows this year but there are so many more I wanna hear.

another bump for some El-P goodness. His verse and production on this one is mad.