makhulumo

Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

this is bloody great too

Great performance but whats up with that audience??

Great performance but whats up with that audience??

I'm guessing it's some sort of media affair. Would be the same at an industry showcase in London or wherever.

Get on the first album.

Fucking sea legs.

Just finished giving it a listen. Great album. Not quite as good as the second but still great.

i honestly can't decide between both of their albums - equally incredible for me. i'm so stoked to finally see them live. they're gonna nail it - definitely gonna be one of the ones to remember

Are these the royal blood of this year? :P

Hope you lot don't abandon ship once they inevitable get massive and even more mainstream :lol:

• Downvote 10

Equally exicted as eveyone else in this thread to see these guys!

Someone mentioned it earlier, but if you haven't listed to Killer Mike's appearance on Scroobius Pip's Podcast yet - do.

http://www.scroobiuspip.co.uk/distraction-pieces-podcast/

KM comes across as a very eloquent and intelligent guy.

I'll be at their London Forum show in June too - anyone else?

And then listen to all the other episodes! Can't recommend this podcast enough, great selection of guests including Simon Pegg, Rob Da Bank, Dylan Moran etc.

Hope you lot don't abandon ship once they inevitable get massive and even more mainstream :lol:

Errrrrrrrrrm..

I don't get this one out often but...

• Upvote 9

oh Matt, why do you say these things?

No because Run the Jewels are not a overproduced, derivative hype band.

They are two rappers who have been producing excellent hip hop for years and are now finally getting the public recognition they deserve.

No because Run the Jewels are not a overproduced, derivative hype band.

They are two rappers who have been producing excellent hip hop for years and are now finally getting the public recognition they deserve.

The rest of us didn't want to dignify it with a non-snarky response, but that does pretty much sum it up.

The rest of us didn't want to dignify it with a non-snarky response, but that does pretty much sum it up.

I thought that myself as I was writing but couldn't stop due to the pure indignation. :)

http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/nieuws/paolo-nutini-christine-and-the-queens-evil-superstars-en-veel-meer-nieuwe-namen-voor-pukkelpop-2015/9/

"Helaas liet Run The Jewels weten dat het zijn volledige Europese festivalzomer moet annuleren en is het hiphopcollectief dus ook niet te zien op Pukkelpop."

"Unfortunately Run The Jewels have to cancel the complete European festival summer, and is therefore also scrapped from the Pukkelpop line-up"

:-/

http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/nieuws/paolo-nutini-christine-and-the-queens-evil-superstars-en-veel-meer-nieuwe-namen-voor-pukkelpop-2015/9/

"Helaas liet Run The Jewels weten dat het zijn volledige Europese festivalzomer moet annuleren en is het hiphopcollectief dus ook niet te zien op Pukkelpop."

"Unfortunately Run The Jewels have to cancel the complete European festival summer, and is therefore also scrapped from the Pukkelpop line-up"

:-/

Well this sucks

Bugger.

http://festileaks.com/2015/04/run-the-jewels-cancelt-europese-zomertour/

This site makes reference to Glastonbury as well....

"Run The Jewels is forced to be halted his entire European summer tour. The rappers will therefore not appear to include Pukkelpop, Woo Hah! Festival, Glastonbury and Roskilde. However, the cause of the cancellation is still unclear."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

That has to be the biggest kick in the balls of the year so far.

They were firmly in my top 5 "to see" acts...

I hope to fuck they don't pull out of Field Day as well if this is real, FUCK

Sounds like they've cancelled the lot.

It sounds serious.

Edited by WessexBoy

I wonder if this means that their London gigs at the start of June are cancelled as well? I will remain hopeful that this isn't true until it's actually confirmed by the band.