Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

How's that a fix? Then you'd have Radiohead/RTJ scenario. Assuming that's a problem for you, of course.

Assuming they're JP headliners, is this good? I've never actually visited the JP tent. Is it suitable?

Saw Groove Armada headline in the JP which is the only headliner I've seen there. They absolutely smashed it, really rockin' set - def suited for a tent more than an expansive field like the Other. Just hope RTJ are headlining the Friday night - just cos I'd kinda like to see the Jacksons too - but also have them in the JP as I reckon their music would be SO much better in a tent

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

They've also got bags of time either side of the festival so it seems they're a little hard to pin down on a specific day. Roll on the big annoucement!!

Right? This full drop can't come soon enough. Clashing with The Head or Justice would be awful for me, but they'd probably win either way. I need to right the wrongs of 2015 when I managed to get the times wrong and turned up JUST as they were going on stage, 3/4 of the way back. Still had a great time but man I'd love to have been in the thick of it.

The Jacksons were awful at Bestival a couple of years back, though I suppose there's not much they can do about poor sound. I didn't think RTJ were that great on West Holts, but I think I was in a bad spot so a lot of the bass was lost. I reckon they'd be great in a tent and I have no Saturday headliner at the moment so them headlining John Peel would be ideal.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Right? This full drop can't come soon enough. Clashing with The Head or Justice would be awful for me, but they'd probably win either way. I need to right the wrongs of 2015 when I managed to get the times wrong and turned up JUST as they were going on stage, 3/4 of the way back. Still had a great time but man I'd love to have been in the thick of it.

Just what I was thinking too. I've seen Radio and the lads four times, Justice twice, so on that note I'd have to be there for RTJ. Also def in the thick of it. I'd want to really feel those beats go through me. I found out a couple of weeks ago that one of the other guys in my group of mates really like them too so now I'd have someone to go with. I'd go alone anyway but at least now we can bounce around together. A Sat v Jacksons would be the only close clash to stop me going, but I've already decided RTJ are one of my absolute unmissables

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

How's that a fix? Then you'd have Radiohead/RTJ scenario. Assuming that's a problem for you, of course.

Assuming they're JP headliners, is this good? I've never actually visited the JP tent. Is it suitable?

I've no interest in seeing Tom York & The Radio Heads, or any of the other Friday night headliners we've got so far, so Friday night would be perf for me. Sound was incredible inside the tent for Explosions In The Sky and Jonesy and the lads last year, bass sounded nice and beefy to my ear, so it'd be a good place for them. I'd prefer to see them on WH because the atmosphere down there can't be beaten, and it's not at the arse end of the site, and next to No Bones Jones, so obviously a winner. I don't remember any bass issues from 2015, but I only saw 3 songs from just in front of the mixing desk before hotfooting it to Sharon Van Etten. FlyLo's bass was almost potent enough to knock the moon out of orbit a couple of nights later though.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah....Friday night is a puzzler.  Decent-ish options abound, but no genuinely unmissable one.  Get RTJ on in JPT and we'd be sorted.

Nowt's grabbing me at all atm Gonz; I'd sooner be dicking around in T&C than Ride or Major Lazer. The way things are looking I might end up going Radiohead for the last hour.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mazer Lajor and Dizzy are both not terrible options, but neither feels essential either.  If all my mates are keen I could get my arm twisted into going to Radiohead but again I could miss it and not lose any sleep.

Maybe something incredible could materialise on the Acoustic.

Major Lazer I could see being an enjoyable show, but I reckon the crowd will be full of coked up hooray Henrys in ironic 90s sports leisure wear. As much as I love Boy In Da Corner, I'm still scarred by Dizzee's Pyramid effort in 2013. If Brian Wilson completely unexpectedly popped up on Acoustic then that'd be amazing. Tom's noises emanating from the Pyramid could trigger similar scenes to Art's "can somebody sort that feedback out?" from last year, but it'd be "does somebody in the audience need medical assistance?".

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah....Friday night is a puzzler.  Decent-ish options abound, but no genuinely unmissable one.  Get RTJ on in JPT and we'd be sorted.

Shut your filthy mouth!  I want to catch Boyz n da head on Friday doing their big gloomy headline set.  Praying for Saturday.