Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Woke up extremely psyched for this set. 

Anyone else down the front for this one? Being around those who enjoy it will be essential. 

Bladder allowing im gonna be up front from RTJ onwards tonight, but especially for RTJ. Curious to see how the Pyramid crowd outside of the front circle takes them, but also just want to be going ape with other like minded fans. Everything's adding up to this being really special. 

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I'm thinking of suffering Craig David for a good position. I would imagine crowds won't thin much for Corbyn, after which RTJ are on 5 minutes later. I don't want to spend the first 15 minutes trying to position myself. 

One of my top ten live acts last year, he was unexpectedly brilliant.

Hard to tell how this went down overall but it was insane in the pit. Some hairy moments with that new 'form a circle then throw yourself around in it' thing the kids are doing now, but full of fans giving maximum love. The fellas looked genuinely touched as well. 

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was fucking amazing, this. Hadn't read any of the stuff about Mike's mum beforehand and thought he was joking about her dying when he said she's somewhere laughing.

Watching it back now and it looks amazing still. Peeped @Mash011 bouncing around during Lie, Cheat, Steal on iPlayer.

Eagle eyes here. They filmed me during Lie Cheat Steal last time, too. Probs cos that song is my life.

Hi guys,

Was in the pit for the whole thing with some buds. I was wearing a Lions T shirt (Rugby). The Moshing was absolutely fucking mad and I had a blast. I was also wearing severely broken sunnies by the end. Everyone was great inbetween the chaos though, hugs and laughter all around.

Any footage of the Moshing on IPlayer? Trying to spot me and my buds.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread in order to share this banger. Feel like Killer Mike overshadows El most of the time on RTJ albums, with El's main focus being production of course. This vid is a good reminder of how sick El-P is, possibly my favourite ever verse of his. All the verses on this are of the highest quality, especially Kool A.D and Depsot's (wheres the album!?!?) and El-P ofc.

• Upvote 4