Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

I know this placement is a shiter for some of you, but that run of RTJ > Katy Perry > The National > Foos pleases me greatly. Longest I will've been at the Pyramid for years. Think they'll be awesome on the Pyramid n'all. Bring along Zack De La Rocha as well to make it extra special ey lads? 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know this placement is a shter for some of you, but that run of RTJ > Katy Perry > The National > Foos pleases me greatly. Longest I will've been at the Pyramid for years. Think they'll be awesome on the Pyramid n'all. Bring along Zack De La Rocha as well to make it extra special ey lads? 

Huge crossover between people cheesed off at this and people delighted that ATCQ cancelled on the Friday night.

As they sow so shall they reap.

Awww man, that's pretty much the worst slot for me. Clashing with BadBadNotGood and Loyle Carner is a real kick in the stones. Gonna be a real rush back to West Holts for Toots after as well.

Need to get there early enough to get in front of the part-timers. Can't imagine the atmosphere will be the same at the front as it will the back!

Positioning will be absolutely key for this. I was around 6/7 rows back for the West Holts gig and it was incredible. Other people who were further back have commented it wasn't so good.

I've never watched 2 acts consecutively at the Pyramid but Craig David>RTJ>Katy Perry will be 3 in a row. I've also never wondered anywhere near the pit for RTJ requires this.

I'll be the one wearing the huge Unicorn horn.

My 2 must sees RTJ and Loyle Carner. Shit slot for RTJ and its a bit of a deal breaker as I can't see it being as crazy as i was hoping it would be. I'll probably bail half way through and watch the 2nd half of Loyle Craner which will go off in the JP tent for sure. 

Loyle is on the (very short) list at Kendall this year so it’s gonna be RTJ all the way for me. Personally think it’s a great place to have them – lets hope they soundcheck the mic’s properly. The Saturday sunshine run of RTJ/Toots/Avalanches is going to be the stuff of legends in years to come.

I was looking forward to seeing Loyle again, he's a good live act and a great guy but he's at the beginning of his career and has a lot of touring in front of him. 

RTJ on the pyramid should be fantastic as long as the crowd is decent, if enough of us get nice and close to the front it will be incredible 

I'm not against watching a bit of CRAIG David so it shouldn't be hard, my only worry is getting out fast enough to make it to Toots 

• 2 weeks later...

https://riotmag.co/run-jewels-something

Posters have popped up in London and Manchester saying 'coming soon''. Also there is a countdown to something on their website, most likely big autumn shows.

they were on top form at Field Day, was really cool to see them with the huge inflatable fits suspended from the top of stage too as they hadn't had them the last couple times I'd seen them.

7 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

https://riotmag.co/run-jewels-something

Posters have popped up in London and Manchester saying 'coming soon''. Also there is a countdown to something on their website, most likely big autumn shows.

they were on top form at Field Day, was really cool to see them with the huge inflatable fits suspended from the top of stage too as they hadn't had them the last couple times I'd seen them.

Ally Pally for London I reckon. Don't know my Manchester venues.