Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just added to Parklife's Sunday main stage. So that's Frank Ocean, Tribe and RTJ on the same bill (not even taking into account the other stages).

What time does rtj start ?? I'm in work that day finish at 5. Can get to the venue for 5.30. Reckon I'll be in time ??

When they first dropped the lineup there was a 'special guest' below Jess Glynne which I thought was gonna be RTJ & was held back because of their Albert Hall show. Would put them fourth down I think, so probably starting about 6ish. 

Hopefully they don't clash with Loyle Carner/Sampha but if they are indeed on before Jess I think it'll put them in that territory. 

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

That Parklife lineup is something else. I've been umming and ahhing getting a ticket for months now. Tactically, with such an expected clusterfuck once the days get split out, it would be ideal. It's a Channo away from a 10/10.

The big ol' question mark over Frank playing isn't great though. Can you imagine if he dropped out and they plugged the gap with Rudimental or Chase + Status?

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The big ol' question mark over Frank playing isn't great though. Can you imagine if he dropped out and they plugged the gap with Rudimental or Chase + Status?

True dat. I've got an alert on Twickets setup and there's plenty flying about already so at least it can be a last minute decision.

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Stormzy is headlining a different stage so I assume he's on at the same time, so it wouldn't be quite as bad as having to see Rudimental or go home. But yeah he's not Frank Ocean.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Dizzee Rascal headlining Friday WH, Goldfrapp Sunday JP, Bonobo Sunday, Crystal Fighters not playing.

These boys headlining JP Saturday night is so on, isn't It?

Does look promising. Of course another act from the lineup (or even an unannounced one) could unexpectedly jump in and be the headliner in the end, but together with JP sub looking like the best place for DJ Shadow to end up I'd put my money on this being where RTJ end up now. Thankfully seeing them at Primavera so won't worry too much about missing them but them headlining a tent is the ideal scenario and I'm sure it'll be ace.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm starting to believe 

I couldn't tell if I was just predicting it out of hope at first but as each other act has been ruled out it's started to look very likely. Especially with DJ Shadow seeming like he'll be on that stage, too.

Is there anyone else who could realistically even take the slot now? Father John Misty right size but doesn't feel like a JP headliner and would be a poor alternative to what's already on offer.

Obviously could be someone not yet announced but I doubt that, the line-up in that size-region is already pretty stacked.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Does look promising. Of course another act from the lineup (or even an unannounced one) could unexpectedly jump in and be the headliner in the end, but together with JP sub looking like the best place for DJ Shadow to end up I'd put my money on this being where RTJ end up now. Thankfully seeing them at Primavera so won't worry too much about missing them but them headlining a tent is the ideal scenario and I'm sure it'll be ace.

I can't imagine a funner set at Glastonbury than RTJ headlining the JP. It's gonna be a riot. Or a crushing disappointment when I find out they are mid-Other.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I couldn't tell if I was just predicting it out of hope at first but as each other act has been ruled out it's started to look very likely. Especially with DJ Shadow seeming like he'll be on that stage, too.

Is there anyone else who could realistically even take the slot now? Father John Misty right size but doesn't feel like a JP headliner and would be a poor alternative to what's already on offer.

Obviously could be someone not yet announced but I doubt that, the line-up in that size-region is already pretty stacked.

Father John Misty headlining over RTJ would be a travesty. 

With the Foos, Alt-J and Warpaint taking three of the other Saturday headine slots it's already looking very rock/indie. Having an act like RTJ in there seems more likely than a FJM or something similar as yet unannounced. 

I'm quietly confident. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If seventeen hours in I'm not feeling Foos set I may make the journey over to the John Peel for this if it's where they end up. Saw them at both Primavera and Glastonbury in 2015 and both sets were incredible so wouldn't mind doing a repeat this year either.

:lol: Forgot that I'd probably be able to catch some Foos first. Dunno if I'd bother but it's a nice option to have.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

With the Foos, Alt-J and Warpaint taking three of the other Saturday headine slots it's already looking very rock/indie. Having an act like RTJ in there seems more likely than a FJM or something similar as yet unannounced. 

I'm quietly confident. 

Yeah that was one of my reasons for beginning to hope RTJ would be there. You'd expect an electronic/hip-hop act in there considering the alternatives. And now Bonobo and Dizzee are ruled out, here we go.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm quietly confident. 

That also means RTJ would be rammed, which is no bad thing for a JP headliner. Get down there early!