Run the Jewels, Jewels, Jewels

makhulumo

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah I just spotted that after buying the vinyl thinking, that's too good to be true. Surely they have to honour it though right? 

I'm pretty sure that they can decide not to honour the price if they realise the mistake, but they can't just send a different item in place of what you ordered.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What's the craze for having vinyl now?

In my case it's owning the physical format of the album again, enjoying the artwork and more of the story behind it. 

I still use Spotify but enjoy owning hard copies of my favourite albums. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

In my case it's owning the physical format of the album again, enjoying the artwork and more of the story behind it. 

I still use Spotify but enjoy owning hard copies of my favourite albums. 

23 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ignoring all the aesthetics such as artwork, etc, it sounds better than a CD or an MP3. Digital music is compressed, so you miss a lot of top and bottom end. 

That'd fairplay, I was just interested to know as was aware it had come back in. I might grab a couple I really like for a decent price and test it.

22 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Every thing he posts tends to get downvoted, but that one did seem particularly harsh.

Haha I don't sweat it to be fair, I reckon one is @FloorFiller, I think he's taking Liverpool defensive frustration put on me haha ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Headlining I assume? Does that mean they'd clash with Aphex Twin? I'd love to go but they'd be the two acts I most want to see.

No way are RTJ headlining Field Day, especially when Aphex Twin is only second stage. I imagine the headliner will be a pretty big name this year to make up for the loss of day, and RTJ really aren't that big

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Headlining I assume? Does that mean they'd clash with Aphex Twin? I'd love to go but they'd be the two acts I most want to see.

http://thequietus.com/articles/21622-run-the-jewels-field-day

This article seems to say they are headlining. I'm going for Aphex Twin though, he'd be harder to catch live.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

No way are RTJ headlining Field Day, especially when Aphex Twin is only second stage. I imagine the headliner will be a pretty big name this year to make up for the loss of day, and RTJ really aren't that big

http://thequietus.com/articles/21622-run-the-jewels-field-day

"They will close the main stage-"

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

Surprised by that if true! I know they're on the rise but I was honestly expecting a much bigger name to headline (unless they're simply 'closing' the main stage and there's an actual headliner on before them)

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Surprised by that if true! I know they're on the rise but I was honestly expecting a much bigger name to headline (unless they're simply 'closing' the main stage and there's an actual headliner on before them)

I get what you mean. I guess James Blake wasn't huge though last year. Maybe that is the case but it's a bit odd, surprised they've not just simply said "headlining" though, as there's a couple of articles listing it as just "closing".

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was just thinking cos someone on here suggested them as headliners not long back and also some people were debating whether Slowdive were the headliners and ended up deciding they'd probably sub, and RTJ are undoubtedly bigger than Slowdive, aren't they?

And yeah if I went I'd watch Aphex as my headliner because I've seen RTJ before and they're not difficult to see in general, would just be annoying that I'd have to miss my other favourite act on the bill.