Stand out lineup or not?

Swine_Glasto2014

Interesting one for me. Loads of acts I would be happy to see without any single stand out or 'wow' factor. To put it another way, lots of strength in depth but no single act I absolutely wouldn't miss for anything.

I'm actually really happy with that though as I'm going with an entirely new crowd this year, most of whom are a little younger than me, so I'm genuinely looking forward to abandoning any kind of schedule or plan and doing what I've always wanted to do - plan nothing and let the mood take me!

Took the words right out of my mouth

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's great. I was hoping for 10 must sees across the whole festival but even so far on first announcement I've,

Patti smith

Jon Hopkins

Father john misty

Sharon van etten

Future islands

Goat

Spiritualized

Todd terje

Jungle

Chemical brothers

2-3 more in next release and I'm a happy bunny and that's before all the amazing dance tents etc.

It's gonna be magical.

Line up is almost too strong for me. Already predicting a few horrific decisions to be made come June.

Struggling to see why anyone would have a problem with it - seems to tick most boxes (though admittedly only really seen this sort of reaction on Twitter).

I'm actually glad there aren't many must sees for me, means I won't be glued to the big stages all weekend.

That's my thoughts too..

I have seen quite a few of who I would like to see, but off that list there are 5-6 must sees and quite a lot of like to see...I can see some nasty clashes happening again as well but it's always the case lol

Me & fella agree give us more wandering about / chill out time so we're quite happy with the lineup :)

For me it's great. I was hoping for 10 must sees across the whole festival but even so far on first announcement I've,

Patti smith

Jon Hopkins

Father john misty

Sharon van etten

Future islands

Goat

Spiritualized

Todd terje

Jungle

Chemical brothers

2-3 more in next release and I'm a happy bunny and that's before all the amazing dance tents etc.

It's gonna be magical.

Are you stalking me!? I'll see you at most of those!

Line up is almost too strong for me. Already predicting a few horrific decisions to be made come June.

Struggling to see why anyone would have a problem with it - seems to tick most boxes (though admittedly only really seen this sort of reaction on Twitter).

I had that issue with last years lineup especially on the Saturday.

Very good line up, maybe one of the best on the undercard since I've been going in 2010 , should have 2/3 acts I will definately see from that counted it up earlier was around 30 acts I wanted to see.

Some really great acts on there who I wouldn't have thought before before seeing them on there to.

Red Day, I told you this a few weeks back or whenever it was, NOT TO DO IT! lol. And I don't even care for Motorhead.

Comes two something when the prospect of a top two Pyramid Sunday could be made WAY more bearable with Taylor as the special guest. Better still, a shock announcement of her as sub and Alt-J 3rd down (clutching very heavily)

The fact that not a single person involved with GFL has so far stated she isn't playing strongly suggests that she is still in the frame. They know there is a lot of media speculation. They could deaden it with one Tweet.She IS a big risk So it would make sense to hold back until the headliner is sorted because ultimately they may run out of options. Happy days.

more interesting than last year, anyway. That was the thinnest in years, I thought.

For me, last year skimped on quantity, but made up for it in quality. What I mean there is that there were relatively few acts I wanted to see, but the ones I did see properly fucking delivered. Massive Attack and Pixies are two of my favourite bands ever, and I'd never seen either live before, and for my money, nobody does a big outdoor show like Arcade Fire. Then it was punctuated by little gems like St Vincent storming the Park, Polica freaking out the John Peel tent, Summer Camp making the most of the sunshine, and Metronomy serving up 45 minutes of punchy singing and dancing tunes on the Thursday. We took in the sights, appreciated the place, and properly reveled in the gigs we went to, it was a great balance and felt like the perfect way to do the festival. I'll always have extremely fond memories of 2014 for various reasons... I'll also always kick myself for missing ESG!

The fact that not a single person involved with GFL has so far stated she isn't playing strongly suggests that she is still in the frame. They know there is a lot of media speculation. They could deaden it with one Tweet.She IS a big risk So it would make sense to hold back until the headliner is sorted because ultimately they may run out of options. Happy days.

Glasto only deny anything if someone asks them something, or they duck the question. I'm not aware of anyone having asked them.

Well at least 80% of the people I posted about in the '2015 Wish List' have turned up on the bill, so for me it's a good'un.

Only SFA, DFA1979 and Hot Chip have turned up on my wish list, but I still like what has been released. It is full of stuff for me to enjoy, just without any real must sees, with one exception.

Motorhead - Unmissable

But, Mothership will be great and unless there is a SFA clash, I'll be there.

Suede, FFS, Jungle, Chemical Brothers, Sleaford Mods, Future Islands and Patti Smith and The Fall are people I'd happily see or would like to.

My mate likes Alabama Shakes, Ive never heard what they do, so that is one to look for.

Mary J Blige, not my thing normally, but I do quite like her. I am hoping she doesn't clash as this is what makes Glastonbury, seeing someone you normalky wouldn't get the chance to. If she headlines West Holts, there is a potential that I have 3 West Holts headliners this year.

That's already 15 acts I am interested in seeing. In my opinion, that is not a bad starting point.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

last year I saw 8 acts on the poster this year I'm hoping to see around 20 - so that's a big improvement for me.

Where's Enter Shikari? Pyramid - circle pits on the Pyramid Field now that's not happened since the nineties!

Edited by 5co77ie