Patti Smith

Terence99

Right, lineups out. Looking pretty solid I must say.

One act I have managed to bypass so far is Patti Smith and have decided to have her as the first item on my research glasto line up agenda.

Patti fans, where do you reckon I should start and then move on to? Welcome your advice...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's amazing live, always gives it all. Makes you believe that art matters. Geninely life affirming

Don't fret about getting to know her recorded stuff before, you'll know the big ones probably, just bathe in the fucking beauty of what she does.

She's amazing live, always gives it all. Makes you believe that art matters. Geninely life affirming

Don't fret about getting to know her recorded stuff before, you'll know the big ones probably, just bathe in the fucking beauty of what she does.

This. Shes the real deal.

Bottle of rum in hand? Fancy it?

Edited by The Nal

I genuinely can't wait for this. It's gonna be beautiful. She is my must see so far. Bet she clashes with Christy Moore. It was in my dream last night. I asked to swap to Saturday and she said yes! Ludicrous! But yeah this is gonna be amazing

I'm dreading finding out who clashes with Patti.

It could be the 2nd coming of Christ and I'd still be at Patti.

To the O.P, start with Horses and then Easter. Alternatively there's a compilation called land which is also a great place to start.

I'm blown away that this is now confirmed.

Absolutely, get down the front and really engage. Think about how youre feeling and why youre feeling it. It was revelatory for me when I was younger.

I am not ashamed to say that at Hop Farm I was so overcome by so many different things going on I had to be taken away by my partner to calm down and watch from some seating further away.

Maybe I am a bit odd though.

Patti's website puts her at the Down The Rabbit Hole festival in Denmark on Friday, I reckon that makes her pretty much certain for our Sunday closer!

I'm hoping she plays Saturday as ideally I'd like to finish off with the Chemical Brothers on Sunday.

Is there a reason she can't play Saturday do you know ?