Patti Smith

Terence99

Wow wow wow! Absolutely stole the festival for me. The silence across the field when she read that poem was amazing, but the whole performance was on another level to anything else i saw. Even the dickheads next to me who turned up saying "state of her, is that a bloke" etc, were clearly in awe.

Had that near me too, told them 'she looks badass' and no more was said..

There was so much 'dust in my eyes' too, incredibly charged atmosphere.. Motörhead on Friday, I though were good.. Patti and the band stole the show completely.. Thankyou to the lady wearing a green tshirt at the end, we both needed that hug

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Beeb broadcast the whole thing? Just watched it back on iPlayer and they've edited out the Dalai Lama.

Loved to see all the random Tibetans dispersed throughout the pit. Got a big cuddle off one of them when I told him I'd proposed to my wife there. I'm guessing the festival / Free Tibet maybe arranged a few comps.

Did the Beeb broadcast the whole thing? Just watched it back on iPlayer and they've edited out the Dalai Lama.

Loved to see all the random Tibetans dispersed throughout the pit. Got a big cuddle off one of them when I told him I'd proposed to my wife there. I'm guessing the festival / Free Tibet maybe arranged a few comps.

Yeah they cut the Dalai Lama out on the Iplayer I watched last night, but I did see it on twitter though, I'll try and find it and post the link.

Beautiful set - still buzzing about it. "You are fucking awesome" go on Patti - totally badass

i think her positioning on the lineup was a genius move - i'm sure a bunch of that crowd hard arrived early for Lionel with no idea who they were about to watch. boy did they get a treat. i didn't think she'd be able to beat the full Horses show she did in Barcelona, but i think that just about topped it. hard to believe she's almost 70 years old! only gripe would be, like a few others have said, that she did Rock N Roll Nigger instead of My Generation - would've loved to have seen people's reaction to that

Ditto all the above. A real festival highlight for me, unlikely to be topped. Patti rocked out, in fine fettle and better than ever....I want to be her when I grow up. Then the Dalai Lama makes a guest appearance! Already heard him speak at the Stone Circle in the morning, very moving. A privilege.

Slightly embarrassing story.  We nearly got run over on the to the pyramid by a fleet of exec range rovers which we moaned about elitist VIP's, why can't they walk like the rest of etc. etc.  Then I nearly went into one when someone unfurled a 3x2 m banner in front of us almost blocking our view.  I then realised that the banner message was Happy 80th birthday Dai Lai Lama. Still. a bit excessive I thought.  Then when he came on stage it all became clear and he started to talk about being happy and loving each other and I had a serious |"dust in the eye moment".  Did  anyone else notice that the sun came out immediately after he finished speaking? 

Patti Smith was immense.  "The guitar is the weapon of our generation" - what a quote, what a performer.

I get goose pimples just reading this thread. I come on and see someone has wrote something and I cant wait to read it. Stupid. I know.

I think it was my favorite Glastonbury set ever.