Trolleys

guinness_guzzler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just like the one we have. Pretty good price, too. Only 2 points I'd make:

If you load all your stuff on it, make sure your rucksack(s) are on top, so you can carry them separately when going up or down hills, as it could easily run away from you otherwise.

Get yourself a bike pump, spanner, and socket set, to keep tyres topped up and all the nuts nice and tight.

Apart from that, I'd recommend one to anyone, as long as they're not travelling by coach!

Assuming you are going by car Make sure it will fit in the boot/roofrack back seat etc

Edited by surreysupermum

I've always been up for a good mutual trolleybate but I'm leaving it at home this year. The mud last year made it horrific leaving site. Wheels getting clogged or bouncing around on the rock hard dry areas. Find that it encourages me to take more stuff as well. Plus it's a pain when you get to the edge of a field and realise you can't wheel your trolley in between tents.

Ultralight and on the coaches this year.

Though if you want a trolley, this has been my reliable servant for years - http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart

Seen lots of people using those so imagine they do a good job. I must admit though, whenever I see one it always amazes me how much stuff some people bring with them?!

I've been using one of these for the last few years - never let me down yet and folds away neatly in the car/tent when not in use. Perfect size for the amount I bring anyway.

201142211135684.jpg

Seen lots of people using those so imagine they do a good job. I must admit though, whenever I see one it always amazes me how much stuff some people bring with them?!

I've been using one of these for the last few years - never let me down yet and folds away neatly in the car/tent when not in use. Perfect size for the amount I bring anyway.

201142211135684.jpg

I have to say ive seen a lot of wheel-less versions of things like this! guess its down to the make

I have to say ive seen a lot of wheel-less versions of things like this! guess its down to the make

The wheel do scream 'fall off easily' when you look at them

My problem is my back - pulling or pushing a trolley actually hurts it more than backpacks well stuffed - the last thing I want is a hurt back on Weds am!

I can't go on ebay at work but I usually just use one of these & put my booze in it. Mine lasted 4 festivals before a wheel came off last year at the bottom of the hill as you walk in. Was £12.

XS0665_festival_trolley_navy_1_1000.jpg

started using the one on the left in 2008 - the one on the right was bought for Glasto 2009 { for two friends who live in Iceland so they were using my camping gear and trolley } and both are still going strong although we don't have to drag them all over the festival site as our crew coach has onsite access - very handy for people who use the coach - they may look daft but they do the job.

the trick is to pack them right so heavy items is in the middle and low down.

glasto-2-1000.jpg

started using the one on the left in 2008 - the one on the right was bought for Glasto 2009 { for two friends who live in Iceland so they were using my camping gear and trolley } and both are still going strong although we don't have to drag them all over the festival site as our crew coach has onsite access - very handy for people who use the coach - they may look daft but they do the job.

the trick is to pack them right so heavy items is in the middle and low down.

glasto-2-1000.jpg

Proper wheels with proper tread. Like actual tyres. Its what you need, i found out especially in 2011 when a wheel came off JUST before camp.

i saw a group with one of the MASSIVE ones with the cage on top, and 4 wheels. it was packed down with what must've been about 12 crates of beer and cider and various other bits on top. as they were negotiating the queue (which they were having trouble with), one wheel dropped off. The whole thing looked so heavy, they would've had to carry it. Felt very sorry for them, especially when cans started rolling out as it tipped.

Well, I think I bought my current one in 2010 so this year will be it's 5th Glastonbury plus it's been to a couple of other festivals and I've also used it to shift a couple of fridges. Don't remember how much I spent (wouldn't have been loads) or the make off the top of my head but it's never had any problems.

i saw a group with one of the MASSIVE ones with the cage on top, and 4 wheels. it was packed down with what must've been about 12 crates of beer and cider and various other bits on top. as they were negotiating the queue (which they were having trouble with), one wheel dropped off. The whole thing looked so heavy, they would've had to carry it. Felt very sorry for them, especially when cans started rolling out as it tipped.

This happened to us, we did a run with most of our stuff and it was alright..went back for beer and just as we got through the gate one of the wheels came rolling off. Complete nightmare, not sure what to go with this year.

You see so many nan spec trolleys ditched if the ground is nothing less that solid & dry even then there not exactly all terrain.

IMO the best bet is either a heavy duty gardening trolly, they've got a steered front axel & phematic tyres and pretty much go anywhere & carry a tonne of kit. Only down side is I think there quite steep, like £60-80 and take up a fair bit of space in your camp when not in use.

This year I'm using a set of sack trucks with phematic tyres on them. Seems like a happy medium & cheap as chips (mine came out of a skip & I put a new set of £7 tyres on)

201142211135684.jpg

Been using something similar for years, but have replaced the wheels, cos the originals can get clogged up with mud (which won't be an issue NFR-NFC).

I put a length of threaded bar through both sets of 'forks' that then stick out each side. Onto which I put proper pneumatic bicycle wheels, taken from my niece's first bike. She'd got new one by that point, so not as bad as it sounds :) Okay the base can't fold away like before, but it doesn't really take up much more room in the car with the wheels off.

I've always used one of the cheap orange B&Q ones, never failed me since 2009..

I also ram everything in to 2 recycling crates my council kindly provided for me and strap that to the trolley.. they double as seats for by the tent :cool:

edit -it's for me and my 2 kids btw.. not just for me

cQwG6nF.jpg

Edited by congopowers