Biggles Wartime Band

harriet

I'm so sad to hear this - I'm going to send an email this morning & hope I can get to see them on the pyramid in a few months time. I've also shared your post Mark, on another Glastonbury-related FB group page.

Thank you very much. I'm not active in many groups, nor was I a member of this site before my post was shared here. It's heart-warming to see so many people want to be a part of this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoever started this post i assume you know them personally - have you contacted the advertiser/Manchester evening news too maybe?

Nope, don't know them personally...although beginning to as a result of all this. I'm just another person who happened to accidentally stumble upon them (actually, my brother did and made me watch their next set) and quickly fell in love with them. Our Glastonbury wouldn't be the same now without seeing Biggles, that's what made me originally email the festival after returning home last year when Jock said they probably wouldn't be there this year.

We didn't actually know that he was ill at the time. I only found that out a few days ago after talking to Graham Buckley, who is one of their members amd manager. As soon as he told me that, I knew what I had to do.

Edited by biggles4pyramid2015

Really sad news. Biggles were the first live band I saw at my first Glastonbury way back. I knew then that this was a special place to be. Since then I have made an annual pilgrimage to see them on the CN Bandstand.

Email will be sent. Opening act on Friday?

Been a tradition of ours for a few years now to watch Biggles on the Croissant Neuf Thursday afternoon slot.

They did actually announce lasy year that 2014 would be their last appearance so I was pleased to see them added to this years bill.

Sad news hope it can be arranged for the pyramid. They are a real smile on the face band.

Had this E-mail back

Thank you for your email.

Please note, the Festival Office in Glastonbury has now closed, and consequently this email account is no longer monitored.

To contact us, please choose from the options at http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/

--

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk
Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE

So it seems that to get through you have to go to the Glasto Website and follow the contact option. I've now done that and will let people know of any response.

Had this E-mail back

Please note, the Festival Office in Glastonbury has now closed, and consequently this email account is no longer monitored.

To contact us, please choose from the options at http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/

--

So it seems that to get through you have to go to the Glasto Website and follow the contact option. I've now done that and will let people know of any response.

Thanks for this I didn't get anything back do will resend

Had this E-mail back

--

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.ukLove the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE

Cheers, I had no response, so I'll try going through the website

I have written to GFL echoing the OP's request. I couldn't use the links given above, and had to use the festivals own official website contact details on that page in order to get the message to them.

If the festival goes for this then it's up to you guys and girls (who are going to the festival) to do the rest. This is a nice thing to do.

I have written to GFL echoing the OP's request. I couldn't use the links given above, and had to use the festivals own official website contact details on that page in order to get the message to them.

If the festival goes for this then it's up to you guys and girls (who are going to the festival) to do the rest. This is a nice thing to do.

Biggles have always been one of my festival highlights, like many others. I am gutted to have not got a ticket this year knowing this is likely to be their last Glastonbury.

I will get an email sent, but won't be there to see their potential Pyramid set. What does anyone think of contacting the BBC to see if they can do a short piece on Biggles? They have about 2 million hours of coverage, so I think 5 minutes dedicated to real Glastonbury legends wouldn't be too much to ask.

Biggles have always been one of my festival highlights, like many others. I am gutted to have not got a ticket this year knowing this is likely to be their last Glastonbury.

I will get an email sent, but won't be there to see their potential Pyramid set. What does anyone think of contacting the BBC to see if they can do a short piece on Biggles? They have about 2 million hours of coverage, so I think 5 minutes dedicated to real Glastonbury legends wouldn't be too much to ask.

Great idea!

I've had an email back. No can do, which is a shame.

Hi Colette,
Biggles Wartime Band is a firm favourite here on Worthy Farm. Regretfully the Pyramid Stage is fully booked, however we're pleased to be able to confirm that Biggles Wartime Band will be making appearances at the Festival, at both the Bandstand and Croissant Neuf. We send our warmest wishes to Jock, his friends, family and band members, and look forward to seeing them in June.
Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

--
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/glastofest

The legendary Ray Davies is performing at our annual Extravaganza on August 8.
Tickets on sale at www.glastonburyabbey.com/extravaganza2015

Wonder if they is anything else we could suggest

I'm upset at the news. Two of my friends last year said I've got to see Jolly Jock as he was their highlight of the entire festival!!! Saw him play at the Croisant Neuf bandstand.

At the very least we can give him a massive crowd and rousing welcome this year. Why don't we get together and present him with something special instead, to commemorate his contribution to the festival (And ask Eavis to come too if we can!)