work

rachowl86

Hi there :)

Just thought I'd ask on the off chance, any body know of any last minute work going? will work just for the ticket as a volunteering opportunity fell through and I'm desperate to go as my partner is volunteering and going for the first time.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Rach

Hi there :)

Just thought I'd ask on the off chance, any body know of any last minute work going? will work just for the ticket as a volunteering opportunity fell through and I'm desperate to go as my partner is volunteering and going for the first time.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Rach

I have been a Festival Volunteer for 26 years and even with my experience I would struggle to find a place so close to Glastonbury.
sure there is waiting list but only a few will be lucky - there was loads of jobs during February and March.{ and many more was sorted out last winter for experienced volunteers }
apply at the right time and you stand a very good chance - apply at the wrong time and you stand very little chance.

Hi all, thanks am on the oxfam waiting list although not getting hopes up. I did work for them in 2008 but decided to go for festaff this year, phone screwed up at work so didnt get my application in during the hour they were live! Partner got in with them though and hes never been so really glad he got it! Just desperate go join him...fingers crossed for oxfam or d.c. services :)

Hi all, thanks am on the oxfam waiting list although not getting hopes up. I did work for them in 2008 but decided to go for festaff this year, phone screwed up at work so didnt get my application in during the hour they were live! Partner got in with them though and hes never been so really glad he got it! Just desperate go join him...fingers crossed for oxfam or d.c. services :)

Have hope because I know that some people will apply as a backup plan just in case they cant get tickets in the resale.
sure some places will charge a administration fee if cancelled but people are willing to pay it.
A good number did get tickets tonight and I bet some of them are now canceling their application
I gave up buying tickets in 1987 as I would never want to go as a ticket holder
if I was you I would drop Oxfam a e-mail reminding them you did it a few years ago and that may get you up the list - it cant do any harm .

I'm on the steward waiting list too but pretty certain it won't happen due to demand.

Last chance salloon, would anyone like to form a band or like to sell falafels with me?

Don't give up hope - I had two friends who thought they had no chance of getting a place a few years ago and they were on a wait list - right out the blue they received a text that they had 15 minuets to reply to - that was five days before Glastonbury started - lucky enough they had already sorted time off from their work so they were able to accept straight away - have no clue as to what other volunteer groups do but at the end of the day people drop out all the times for all sorts of reasons so there is always hope.
For the future apply at the right time - yes I know slots go fast but join their mailing list so you know when the public can apply - once you get into the system then you will have priority booking.
Good luck - this is my 26th year of being a WBC Volunteer and I have never regretted it.