Contact Lenses

poison69

• 4 weeks later...

then had clean water and washed hands by side of tent with liquid soap (you can buy fold up basins which might be useful / and for wshing face ..especially in mornings) had travel towel for drying / face cloth.

Fold up basin - what a brilliant idea!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem so last year prior to glasto I got continuous wear lenses. You put them in, sleep in them and take them out 28 days later. I haven't worn glasses since. Much more comfortable than dailies in my opinion, and no hassle.

I had a great couple of months in those.  Then I had an allergic reaction to a cat and haven't been able to use them since.  That was 15 years ago, still don't get on with them!

Dailies all the way, even if you normally wear monthlies I'd get a pack of dailies for such occasions.  Hand santiser and wet wipes.  Might sting for a bit but keep blinking and you'll be fine.

And I'm with Waapster on the mirror thing.  You only need a mirror because you think you need a mirror.  You know where your eyes are!

Daily disposables for me too.

Take a small bar towel and some liquid anti-septic soap in a little plastic bottle, which you can get at chemists. Wash hands with that, swill with water and dry hands then can get lenses in without too much concern of getting dust in the lense. Also take a little make up mirror on site with me and spare set of glasses incase I need to fish them out from my eye during the day