announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here since last night, can't believe this conversation is still going!

Anyone called it a dustbin lid yet

Yep, I used to live on them in my late teens. Every morning I'd go the cafe & ask for a binlid with everything on it, and I receive an oversized batch with bacon, sausage, eggs etc on it.

Mmmm my mouth is watering now. *drools*

Another one which has always got to me .. People who put salt on their chips before vinegar!

Why?

The salt just falls off the dry chips onto the plate .. Whereas if you vinegar first, the salt sticks to the vinegar sodden chip and you get both.

Another one which has always got to me .. People who put salt on their chips before vinegar!

Why?

The salt just falls off the dry chips onto the plate .. Whereas if you vinegar first, the salt sticks to the vinegar sodden chip and you get both.

People who put vinegar on at all confuse me! Salt and black pepper! Vinegar on hot chips just gives you a cloud of vinegar steam, stinging your eyes and nose. Plus, it makes them soggy!

Why?

Ah but what if you want the vinegar to dissolve a bit of the salt from said chips?

Why?

but the professionals in the chippy do it that way. when they ask do you want salt and vinegar do you say no thanks vinegar and salt for me? :-) Edited by slash's hat