announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoeyT, is that STILL for the lineup/timings page?

Yeah!

I was on it fine when it first came out this morning now can't get on it all :(

Edit: keeps going to this address when I click on line up http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/

Edited by JoeyT

True, the 2 times I've seen them were on main stage at Reading, which I spent most of recovering from Royal Blood and trying to move into the crowd, and as support for Bombay Bicycle Club where naturally only part of the crowd was into it, so I reckon this will have a much better atmosphere than either of those. Might have go, but it's a tricky decision.

went to all the acts and gigs you just mentioned, they play best in a tent. earls court supporting Bombay wasnt all that good. Royal blood was one of the best acts ive seen, this was before their album came out so the hype wasnt all that big. And main stage reading peace wasnt the best, not enough time for them to play and the daylight didnt help.

Yeah!

I was on it fine when it first came out this morning now can't get on it all :(

Edit: keeps going to this address when I click on line up http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/line-up-2015/

weird...I just copied that URL and got the message but went back on the line-up button it was fine.

maybe they've given you a restraining order xD

tried a different browser?

I've gone over the list today and there are a lot of acts that I am happy to see.... however....

Does it seem right in saying that it looks like a lot of bands have been bumped up a position or two where you would expect them to be, see Paloma Faith, Motorhead, Courteeners,

Looking at it I just get that feeling that they were unable to get who they wanted this year and gave several bands a bump up.

Disappointed St Paul and the Broken Bones are nowhere to be seen on the line up :(

Hyde Park got them instead seemingly. Which is a shame as per an interview the trombone player did:

Janeway noted at a SXSW 2014 interview that his goals were to play at the Ryman and Bonnaroo. What are the next goals for you and the band?

Our manager asked us where we wanted to play and Ryman and Bonnaroo are both dreams, specifically for me because I'd gone several years (to the Festival) and Paul had gone as well. Anybody who's been there and is a musician thought the same thing, how I'd love to play Bonnaroo. It's a great environment. I would love to play Glastonbury over in the UK - that seems like an amazing thing.

:(

Edited by The Nal

I've gone over the list today and there are a lot of acts that I am happy to see.... however....

Does it seem right in saying that it looks like a lot of bands have been bumped up a position or two where you would expect them to be, see Paloma Faith, Motorhead, Courteeners,

Looking at it I just get that feeling that they were unable to get who they wanted this year and gave several bands a bump up.

See, this is where your own musical tastes come into play. Like her or not, Paloma Faith is a hugely popular mainstream pop artist. She's certainly worthy of that slot.

Motörhead are somewhat of novelty act these days in a way, but again they'll draw a big crowd and are a substantial name in the work of rock music..

Courteeners are 4 successful albums in, selling out 20,000 audience for their own shows (granted up north) but it's hard to argue that they're not worthy of 3rd down on the Other Stage at this point of their career. It's as high as they'll ever get I imagine.

So those three examples you gave, all have a right in my eyes to suit their placings.

Edited by st dan

Some acts have been bumped down. Bootleg Beatles headlined the Acoustic 2 years ago and have been moved a few slots down the bill. I don't think anyone thought Frank Turner would be so low down on the Other Stage.

He's playing another show in the evening, he was rumored to be playing around 3pm on the Saturday though. The Bootleg thing also struck me as odd.