Weston's Old Rosie

alexwetherell

Waitrose stock not one but two different boxed ciders from westons. Neither are old rosie, but one is wyld wood which is oaky and strong at about 6% (my festival tipple of choice) and now also a less strong one but i forget its name, at about 4.5%.

These are the 3 litre boxes. I usually wait for them to go on offer and stock up. Trigger point for buying wyld wood is around £5-£6 a box. Its full RRP is about £7-£8

Quick question, toying with the idea of taking one of these 20L bags rather than the usual cans. Some decent offers too (Thatchers Cheddar Valley/Heritage for £38 isn't bad value). But surely the boxes must be huge?

Basically, if I got one of these things would I be able to get it on site without suffering an intense amount of pain? :lol:

Edited by GlastoSimon

Waitrose stock not one but two different boxed ciders from westons. Neither are old rosie, but one is wyld wood which is oaky and strong at about 6% (my festival tipple of choice) and now also a less strong one but i forget its name, at about 4.5%.

These are the 3 litre boxes. I usually wait for them to go on offer and stock up. Trigger point for buying wyld wood is around £5-£6 a box. Its full RRP is about £7-£8

Wyld Wood has been my choice of boxed cider for the past couple of years, purely for the portability. I do love old Rosie but the 20 litre box that people are mentioning would likely be an issue where transportation is concerned. However, in a search for decent deals I've just come across this:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=285779961

Anybody familiar with it? Seems remarkably well-priced for what you're getting.

Quick question, toying with the idea of taking one of these 20L bags rather than the usual cans. Some decent offers too (Thatchers Cheddar Valley/Heritage for £38 isn't bad value). But surely the boxes must be huge?

Basically, if I got one of these things would I be able to get it on site without suffering an intense amount of pain? :lol:

Here's it scaled with a London double decker bus.

westons_zpsbqzgbdie.jpg

Wyld Wood has been my choice of boxed cider for the past couple of years, purely for the portability. I do love old Rosie but the 20 litre box that people are mentioning would likely be an issue where transportation is concerned. However, in a search for decent deals I've just come across this:

imo that stuff is lush, definitely worth a try fella.

Alex, get one ordered. Luckily we haven't gotta carry nothing

Brilliant, shipped from Shepton Mallett via Tesco's, back to Pilton!

Ahhh Old Rosie, my Kryptonite.

You can get it in a old fashioned glass bottle, in Costcutter Supermarkets (our local garage has one). I believe they're around 2.5l - So just decant this into a 2l bottle, and drink the rest on the spot, unless you're driving.

EDIT - Please see SOMA's post above, my apologies.

Edited by kaisherz

Be careful, this stuff was responsible for a spontaneous bladder incident for me last time I drank it. The shame.

Haha my mate had the same issue with a walk back from the silent disco on the stuff. i did the honorable thing and ran back to the tent shouting man down.

Same is available at Morrisons for £5

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Westons-Old-Rosie-Cider/229828011?prevPageIndex=3&from=shop&tags=|105651|103120|150057&parentContainer=|103120|150057_SHELFVIEW