Travelling from scotland

SilverLining

I've always fancied Bestival the vibe looks amazing and the line-up is always suited to my taste.

After hearing the most glowing reviews from a few friends that have been in the past few years im deciding to make the trip down.

The question is; What is the fastest/cheapest way to travel from Scotland to the festival?? In the past my friends have drove but they said the mammoth drive home hanging out their arse is not worth it.

Its easiest forme to travel from Edinburgh so if anyone has any experience give me a shout.

Also i know i could get the megabus to london and travel from there which seems to be the best option but carrying festival gear + drink around seems to be a massive effort.

Cheers!

They had Big Green Coach Company running coaches to the festival site direct last year, might be worth it for you if you don't want to stop and change in London.

Ignore they are the exclusive partner again and not running from Scotland but if Manchester or Leeds is easier to get to you for than London?: http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/bestival-tickets-coach-travel

Book early enough and you can get a decent price on flights from Edinburgh to Southampton. Train from soton airport to soton central isnt much, and a free bus (I think it still runs) to the ferry terminal. Then ferry over, and a tenner return to get from ferry to bestival. You asked for fastest / cheapest ways to get there. That's probably the fastest, probably not the cheapest, but I know it's about 10 hours drive direct from SSouthampton to Edinburgh. Even longer on a coach I imagine, probably not much quicker on the train by the time you've changed trains at various places.

Imagine cheapest would be to get yourself to a location where big Green coach go from. Then you don't need to worry about ferry or buses on the island which will cost you about £38 so factor that into your costing.

Think last time I flew to Edinburgh we got flights for about £85 booked well in advance

Cheers, we might just explore the flights option and then just buy as much drink as we can once we make it to southhampton before making the rest of the journey across to the island.

I honestly can't be arsed with a 10+ hour coach trip so the extra £30-£40 will be worth it.

Im going to dress as ninja from die antwoord regardless of the theme... ok not really

I actually really enjoy getting involved with fancy dress so I might just travel the whole way down in fancy dress, it should make for an interesting time at the airport

Edited by SilverLining