"The naughty corner"

CTO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear how many people have been underwhelmed by it the last couple of years. Anyone been during a headliner and enjoyed it more? I think that's the only way i will go now (and if Friday night is Rudimental up against the Foos that's two healiners i have no great desire to see).

Interesting to hear how many people have been underwhelmed by it the last couple of years. Anyone been during a headliner and enjoyed it more? I think that's the only way i will go now (and if Friday night is Rudimental up against the Foos that's two healiners i have no great desire to see).

This is true, Friday might be a good night for it, also the relocation of Arcadia helps ease the crowds.

If there's no headliner I want to see Friday/Saturday I'll always be there. But then, I like the place and I'll also go sit watching some circus instead of a headliner if I want a quiet Sunday and enjoy that too. I very rarely watch headliners actually so probably not the best person to answer you.

This is me. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a lightweight and can't stay up till 5 and also have a full day and my personal choice is to enjoy the day. (Would rather do both but my aching bones just can't, especially as I can't sleep in whilst camping).

I have the same problem, in my thirties now can't hack it like I used to. I'm usually in bed by 2am.

Unfairground is my fav, love Bez's Acid Hosue.

The whole area has a lot of effort put nto it so always worth a look round.

I had great fun in Bez's last year, watched 808 State - I was also in a state, great fun. Not sure where else I went that night, remember a karaoke bar of some sort. Would love to find that rock bar people were on about in that other thread.

I do like the unfairground but last year had more fun around Blues, Glade and Glade Lounge, just a shame they dont go on longer

Also deep house is the current cool thing to listen to which is why you get all the bellends

What time does the Blues area close up? Never made it to the Gully last year, really wanted too, but a few people said it doesnt stay on that late

Never been to see a headliner down there that I remember, but we usually end up there at some stage between midnight and 6 or 7am.

It's hit and miss but we had serious craic down in the Rum Shack and Block 9 etc last year.

Obviously it depends on your mood at the time but if you're looking for some raving until the morning, you'll be happy

I had great fun in Bez's last year, watched 808 State - I was also in a state, great fun. Not sure where else I went that night, remember a karaoke bar of some sort. Would love to find that rock bar people were on about in that other thread.

What time does the Blues area close up? Never made it to the Gully last year, really wanted too, but a few people said it doesnt stay on that late

2am I think

Shangri La disappointed me last year, missed the alleys and mini clubs. Also had none of the weird perspex booths with some funny old weirdness going on inside....

Same with Arcadia, don't think it has been the same since it moved house. 2010/11 it seemed louder, bigger and more intense.

As people have said, it's amazing first couple of times.

Shangri La disappointed me last year, missed the alleys and mini clubs. Also had none of the weird perspex booths with some funny old weirdness going on inside....

Same with Arcadia, don't think it has been the same since it moved house. 2010/11 it seemed louder, bigger and more intense.

As people have said, it's amazing first couple of times.

I agree with Arcadia, think they've had to scale it down since it moved, we were in the closest Dairy Ground field to it last year and slept like a baby throughout the week! Popped up there on Sunday after hours and seemed a lot quiter from what I remember being up by the Common

2009 that corner blew my mind. The Arcadia fire show & lords of lightning were just, wow. As a spectacle the first time you see it, it is amazing. Shangri-La had a very other-worldly vibe to it. The hidden doorways, the mini-theatrical performances with the oxygen bar and the dentist chair and the hidden beer garden etc. It felt really dystopian and alien at times. I remember being in a secret room about 8 feet square with a young woman in a tweed suit and fake 'tache selling bloody mary's from a water cooler whilst a guy with a guitar sang protest songs in the opposite corner. I remember playing the devil at ping pong for my soul and winning tequila shots. It was wonderfully odd.

Over the years, it has lost the quirky and migrated more towards various (mainly dance music) venues and lots of queuing to get in them. At the same time, the rest of the site has upped it's game in terms of the after hours stuff. Park and Avalon areas particularly.

I never spend anytime atall in the Park areas or the Avalon for that matter. I may have a gander after hours this year.

Silent Disco Wednesday night is a cracker too...

Arcadia was my favourite place 2011/2013 and last year it just wasn't upto scratch atall. And to be fair, I doubt the people behind it have had anything to do with its demise...health n safety

. Not sure where else I went that night, remember a karaoke bar of some sort.

The Kamikazi Karaoke Bar, you don't get to choose the song, just what ever is next on the playlist. Mate of mine runs it.

Which field/area is this in?, sounds fun

Edited by waynewdk

I never spend anytime atall in the Park areas or the Avalon for that matter. I may have a gander after hours this year.

Silent Disco Wednesday night is a cracker too...

Arcadia was my favourite place 2011/2013 and last year it just wasn't upto scratch atall. And to be fair, I doubt the people behind it have had anything to do with its demise...health n safety

The Park can be a great place to wander about. Had one of the best nights of my Glastonbury adventures at the Bimble Inn last year

. Not sure where else I went that night, remember a karaoke bar of some sort.

The Kamikazi Karaoke Bar, you don't get to choose the song, just what ever is next on the playlist. Mate of mine runs it.

Do they still do saki for £1?