"The naughty corner"

CTO

At the same time, the rest of the site has upped it's game in terms of the after hours stuff. Park and Avalon areas particularly.

I've only passed through avalon late at night but it had a great atmosphere - must spend sometime there this year.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with many others; naughty corner's what I imagine Blackpool / magaluf / insert name of boozy britains abroad here

I'm not knocking those places, just that it's not what I'm looking for at 2am (queues, 20mins at bar, competing sound systems etc). I now always seem to hit it at the wrong time after the group decides to have a gander as 'this year it will be better' , it's like being on a conveyor belt as you're shuffled along by the weight of the crowd behind you, slogging through mud or whatever.

Arcadia sound is a mess these days but the location in terms of spreading out the late night attractions is better.

Will follow some suggestions and head to Park area if I'm bimbling after 1-2am

Agree with many others; naughty corner's what I imagine Blackpool / magaluf / insert name of boozy britains abroad here

Last year and 2013 reminded me of when they get to De Long bridge in Apocalypse Now. Just general, unorganised chaos with way to many fucked up people. And not in a good way.

apocalypse_now_sam_bottoms.jpg

. Not sure where else I went that night, remember a karaoke bar of some sort.

The Kamikazi Karaoke Bar, you don't get to choose the song, just what ever is next on the playlist. Mate of mine runs it.

Yeah thats the one, loads of bizarre songs being belted out. Great fun.

Do they still do saki for £1?

I didnt see any, but I remember being there in 2009 and they did.....I wasn't so coherent this time

There's a kamikaze karaoke place?

I need to go there this year

I have no idea where it is, but I always seem to get there....

I also remember from 2009, coming out of the karaoke (after aforementioned saki swigging) going into this little box room for a 'microrave' was nuts, walked in, door shut, rave music for about 30 seconds, then it beeped and you left - flippen ace it was

Edited by Perks

I think 2010 was the only year I really had a great time in the SE corner, went there every night until about 5am and the alleyways and microvenues were amazing, remember buying a cider from a whole in the wall and getting a phone number to call on a phone box which then opened a door into a tiny club, those are the sorts of things I remember the place for. When I went there after the Stones in 2013 it was actually really dead, no atmosphere at all and just a bit boring and normal. I think that Arcadia is something that gets less awe inspiring with time, my mates who went last year had their favourite night at Arcadia, but having looked at the line ups on it I just thought it looked like an archetypal Croatian holiday full of men in vests and white socks.

I will no doubt spend every night around the SE Corner this year though, we have 3 new people in tow.

Do they still do saki for £1?

No, they stopped that a couple of years ago. Too much hassle, esp with licensing etc.

For that reason some good friends of mine won't be in The Greenfields this year with their witchy potions, cures, tinctures and delicious home made sloe gin etc. They had to get an alcohol license last year and there were so many hoops to jump through,so much paperwork and constant inspections they have just given up. They will be missed.

I think 2010 was the only year I really had a great time in the SE corner, went there every night until about 5am and the alleyways and microvenues were amazing, remember buying a cider from a whole in the wall and getting a phone number to call on a phone box which then opened a door into a tiny club, those are the sorts of things I remember the place for. When I went there after the Stones in 2013 it was actually really dead, no atmosphere at all and just a bit boring and normal. I think that Arcadia is something that gets less awe inspiring with time, my mates who went last year had their favourite night at Arcadia, but having looked at the line ups on it I just thought it looked like an archetypal Croatian holiday full of men in vests and white socks.

I will no doubt spend every night around the SE Corner this year though, we have 3 new people in tow.

The microvenues are less involved than post '10, which is a shame when taking new people as they just don't see it.

On Arcadia, I've seen it every year since it's conception and as a technical achievement I think it's moved with the times but its old hat now,

The most enjoyment I've had put of it was actually at boomtown in '12 being the biggest stage it was more of a focal point than a side show. System was banging too

Nothing for me beats walking down the train tracks in the pitch black and Arcadia appearing behind the trees doing its full on fire show, that image will stay with me a long time, was amazing. They took the big rig to Bestival a couple of times and that was pretty awesome too, had a blinding time there in 2011 I think.

Sort of echo whats been said. 2010 was great but didnt fully do it, 2011 we really got immersed in it with a few newbies and missed U2 to get their early. Had an amazing time in a few places I cant remember and the snake pit with semi naked women in army hats squirting illuminus paint. We also bumped into some young chap of about 17 who had lost all his mates at about 3am and we invited him to join our group to party, was a good night.

I missed last year but was really disappointed with the heaven and hell stuff in 2013. The alleys and general feel was a big loss and the queing to get to heaven was a bit depressing.