dondo    57

We are now getting around to buying a new console and TV to go with it- for the kids honest!

Will hang fire until Black Friday and am planning to get a PS4 (not the pro just the slim)

In regards to a TV- I know from a bit of research that lag is important (i.e. it being low) and was after any recommendations for some in the budget category and 43" size.

Ta very much

WS_Jack_III    142

Thoughts on Destiny 2?

Doesn't seem like much of an improvement on the slightly above average Destiny.

I enjoy the Crucible and the story and cutscenes do seem much better though. Lots more of the game to play yet.

Hugh Jass    1,324
On 14/09/2017 at 12:45 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

Thoughts on Destiny 2?

Doesn't seem like much of an improvement on the slightly above average Destiny.

I enjoy the Crucible and the story and cutscenes do seem much better though. Lots more of the game to play yet.

Been on holiday so not played it enough to have a real opinion yet but it seems better than the last one.

Had a go on the new Pro Evo demo yesterday, it's really good. Might even get it over FIFA.

Room to sway    65

People have been saying the story's better in D2. I think they must be playing a different game.

So the main bad guy is some 15-year-old's wet dream of a bad guy who's completely uninteresting and characterless outside of being VERY GRUFF AND MEAN. All the story segments feel disjointed and I just don't really care. It could have been a much better story and honestly I think the first was better.

I also don't really get the appeal of perfect-dude Cayde and his smug speeches.

The Adventures and Public Events are good though and there's more to see & do while just wandering around. So I've been doing those. I gave up on the story after having yet another crowd of enemies just dropped on me while trying to steal that ship. They haven't really fixed the problems the first one had when it tried to up the difficulty, which is having loads of fucking infuriating teleporting enemies and then dropping loads more enemies behind you. Tedious.

Started with a new character and have completely avoided the story outside the first mandatory ones, much more relaxing!

WS_Jack_III    142

So i just finished the missions on Titan, thought they were awesome. I have to say that i feel much more invested in this one. Couldn't tell you much about the first game's story. 

All i remember is a black garden.

Hugh Jass    1,324
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, dondo said:

We are now getting around to buying a new console and TV to go with it- for the kids honest!

Will hang fire until Black Friday and am planning to get a PS4 (not the pro just the slim)

In regards to a TV- I know from a bit of research that lag is important (i.e. it being low) and was after any recommendations for some in the budget category and 43" size.

Ta very much

If you're looking for a console keep an eye on this site. It'll keep you up to date with the best bundles and offers out there.

For everyone else it's a good place to pick up cheap games.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/gaming-new

• Upvote 1

Hugh Jass    1,324

Have to admit I'm rather enjoying Destiny 2, certainly a lot more than the first one. I play solo and there seems to be a lot more for me than the first one.

My other new love is Mario x Rabbids on the Switch. At first glance it's just a knockabout puzzle-strategy game, but it's utterly engrossing and addictive. It's become a staple of my daily commute (God I love my Switch).

jump    822
31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My other new love is Mario x Rabbids on the Switch. At first glance it's just a knockabout puzzle-strategy game, but it's utterly engrossing and addictive. It's become a staple of my daily commute (God I love my Switch).

I'm Loving Mario + Rabbids too, although after the first boss of Rabbid Kong I was disappointed they all weren't Mario themed bosses.

Hugh Jass    1,324
15 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm Loving Mario + Rabbids too, although after the first boss of Rabbid Kong I was disappointed they all weren't Mario themed bosses.

On the third world now, love that I can play a few rounds on my commute then just pick it up again the day after.

dondo    57
On 9/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, Hugh Jass said:

If you're looking for a console keep an eye on this site. It'll keep you up to date with the best bundles and offers out there.

For everyone else it's a good place to pick up cheap games.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/gaming-new

Yes- I do love that site- unfortunately often ends up with me buying stuff that I don't need!