TheJackson    11

Neil said to just create a new thread rather than change the name of the old one, so here we are!

Just did my first boss battle on Dying Light against the "Demolisher", what a beast. I also had mad fun with that April Fools patch that let you drop kick zombies about 50 yards, it was hilarious so I'll miss it when I play again tonight :(

Spindles    1,364

Stubbornly posting response from the other thread in here because the name annoyed me, even if it's completely out of context and several days late. :P

Super meat boy is a classic, even if it is teeth grindingly hard at times. Team meat are currently working on a mobile version with simplified control scheme, if they get it right I reckon it will be an enormous hit.

TheJackson    11

For me personally, serious games like that never go down well with me on phones/tablets. It just doesn't feel right.

There's only certain games that work well for me on mobile devices, games like Peggle and PvZ.

Spindles    1,364

Yeah, I think they are on a mission to try and find a gameplay that is something aking to SMB but using it as a sort of experiment in what works in touchscreen gaming controls. What has made things hit or miss has very much been whether the control system feels right to make for enjoyable gameplay. Hits like Angry birds, peggle and such really work well with touch, but other genres have been rendered less enjoyable experiences.

I suppose it's like games which work with mouse/kb that don't translate to controller. I'm a PC gamer, so I find controller FPS to be unplayable but find 3rd person shooters manageable.

Sorry, a bit of a stoned day off ramble there...it's a subject I'm keen on.

TheJackson    11

I never know what to say in the Mouse & Keyboard/Controller argument. It doesn't even come down to genres for me, it comes down to the game.

For instance, I can't imagine playing Counter Strike with anything other than a mouse and keyboard, I would not go near a controller for that. However I've always played Battlefield with a controller, and never got on with M&K when I tried it for BF.

WS_Jack_III    142

Stubbornly posting response from the other thread in here because the name annoyed me, even if it's completely out of context and several days late. :P

Super meat boy is a classic, even if it is teeth grindingly hard at times. Team meat are currently working on a mobile version with simplified control scheme, if they get it right I reckon it will be an enormous hit.

i've only done the first world, lots of trial and error but such fun.

WS_Jack_III    142

PSN down, again.

Had planned to do 2 x nightfall and 4 x raids on destiny tonight. Hope it's up by then

dude, do you only play Destiny? It seems like it every time i see you're on PSN

pretty much atm, my ps3 is broken and I dont want any more ps4 games atm

tempted by bloodborne though

t8yman    229

I'm seriously considering a gaming marathon later today. House to myself, draw the curtains, lights out, sound up loud, beer, junk food, console, BF4. Heaven.

But I know I will get a call later to see if I "fancy a couple of pints?" and it will go downhill from there.

WS_Jack_III    142

I'm seriously considering a gaming marathon later today. House to myself, draw the curtains, lights out, sound up loud, beer, junk food, console, BF4. Heaven.

But I know I will get a call later to see if I "fancy a couple of pints?" and it will go downhill from there.

Awesome! Get on it. I have a house to myself in July and I'm already planning what games to play

Hawky    89

Anyone played Borderland the Pre Sequel?

I fail to beat that kids lap time with the first attempt, I fell in Lava, and I just wondered what I missed out on? Sprigs said she would give me an extra reward if I completed it first time.

WS_Jack_III    142

Been playing Shadow of Mordor a bit and whilst it's good and i do like it, it seems to have little structure. It's too open for its own good.

the_hedge    21

I'm addicted to Destiny also. The feeling when 6 of you complete a hard raid is awesome. I also have a loot addiction :-(

lharris92    130

got my laptop back in my possession, back to playing star wars: KoTOR. still relatively near the start but its a decent game, although the controls are annoying me slightly

LondonTom    509

I've been playing SWTOR again alot lately, got my Inquisator to level 40....Hopefully I can max him this year and make a new Jedi to level up. (I have one around 35 but its on a PvP server I just can't be arsed with him)

viberunner    75

got my laptop back in my possession, back to playing star wars: KoTOR. still relatively near the start but its a decent game, although the controls are annoying me slightly

Kotor is one of the best games ever made.

There are a series of amazing fan mods too, you should look some up.

I'm addicted to Destiny also. The feeling when 6 of you complete a hard raid is awesome. I also have a loot addiction :-(

The loot system is so fucking terrible but i play the nightfalls and raids every week looking for some sweet sweet rewards

lharris92    130

Kotor is one of the best games ever made.

There are a series of amazing fan mods too, you should look some up.

too little time, too many games to play :lol:

viberunner    75

too little time, too many games to play :lol:

The worst is starting a game and then returning to it to find you don't remember a think about it. I'm playing through Dragon Age at the moment. I returned to a New Game created a few months back (only just got past the start) burt I don't remember a think about it, and now I've gone back to the start point and I have loads of "Yeah, I remember you dialogue..." but actually no I don't.