Anyone else taking a newbie?

ForgotBloodyUsername

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking my girlfriend for her first time this year. Where would you guys recommend visiting on Wednesday/Thursday before things get crazy?

So far i have..

• Park Hill sunset

• Stone Circle sunrise

• Green Fields

• Stroll around the SE corner.

Any hidden gems you consider a must see? thanks

Me and me mam always promised we'd go together while I was a child but never got round to it. Ending up going on my own as a steward last year and assumed that'd be that and she'd never end up going, but realised that the 2015 festival falls exactly a week before her 50th birthday so decided to save up and take her. She's far far more excited than I thought she'd be, it's great :D

I'm taking my girlfriend for her first time this year. Where would you guys recommend visiting on Wednesday/Thursday before things get crazy?

So far i have..

• Park Hill sunset

• Stone Circle sunrise

• Green Fields

Go with the flow and you will find what you need

So far i have..

• Park Hill sunset

• Stone Circle sunrise

• Green Fields

I'd just tell her, in the nicest way, to get lost. Let her wander and see where she ends up

I'm taking my girlfriend for the first time. If she doesn't like it I fear the relationship might not survive.

Taking a couple of newbies with us this year, but they say can't go until Thursday so will be meeting them there.

For the first proper date with my now wife I took her to Leeds festival. She wasn't impressed by my very limited camping equipment (an ancient 2 man tent + thin single sleeping bag) but still had a good time. Did our first Glastonbury together a few years later. Theirs no stopping her from going now, although the camping gear has been upgraded.

Edited by I am Jon

One of my favourite memories is seeing my brother's and two friend's faces when I marched them up to the top of Flagtopia on the Wednesday in 2013 and told them not to look back until I said. I timed it perfectly, that time just before the sun sets and all the rope lights come on across the whole site. Magical. As were the stunned looks on their faces when they turned around. They were just silent for five minutes, jaws on the floor staring in disbelief. Like when you see a piece of amazing art for the first time and each time you look in a different direction you see something even more inspiring than the previous glance

I'm taking my girlfriend who has never been before. I hate being the- "Yeh it's alright but it's not glastonbury guy" and she hates it when I compare everything to glastonbury haha so it will be good for her to UNDERSTAND WHY.

This is my favourite part of taking new people. Last year in the run up I would not shut up about it and she'd only been to Leeds, so wasn't expecting too much.. then was blown away and it was all the group of us who went could talk about for a good while.

Taking another newbie this year and can't wait.

..and this thread is a perfect example of why it's so bleedin' hard to get tickets every year! We go, we love it, we drag our friends along and so the cycle continues. I've read so many examples on this forum of people who've been going for a few years who are now in groups of 20 or 30.

One of our group is taking an old mate of his who used to go back in the early 2000's , cue "it's not as good as it used to be " comments :)

Ahh don't worry. One of my group last year hadn't been since 1999. I didn't know whether he'd love it or hate it.

He had the biggest smile on his face all weekend :)