Cashing In

mb'satglasto

Seems a little divided so just wanted to ask who is paying for their ticket at the current state (Richie, West & Grohl enthusiasts apart) fairly blindly to the lineup.

Who's already done it, and if not, if waiting for the lineup, is there a day you have in mind, like some sort of mental deadline, before deciding to pay up possibly regardless?

Personally I'll settle for it on Sunday. I'm happy to pay the balance, I'll be slightly concerned if there is absolutely nothing released by then, but I love Glasto and think it's worth the money. Even if the 3rd headliner isn't necessarily someone I can get behind.

I think the problem for this fest is judging by Twitter and FB etc, there's a clean split between those who are looking at that 3rd headliner or the major acts and deciding based on that and those who will go regardless. With all the other festivals confirming exclusivity of major acts and getting their lineups out early doors, it has kind of put Glastonbury as of right now in a position of saying 'you know it's brilliant, so just pay the money, you'll have a good time whatever.'

The group i'm going with are split, couple of them will pay regardless, but a couple are stalling because of the announcement, pointing to the investment and the fact that there is currently a bit of a blind commitment when all the other festivals have shown their cards and tickets are available. I'm quite disappointed that they're saying this but in fairness there is an argument that paying such a large amount (and lets face it, it is getting steeper every year) should give you the right to know exactly what you're paying for and who to see. I can see it both ways. But yea, Sunday I'm settling. I'm going to have a good time anyway.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping no line-up announcement this week leads to lots of balances not being paid off. Only 5 out of my group of around 30 Glasto-goers have tickets so the more tickets in the resale the better!

Edit: I'd pay the full ticket balance every year before having one act on the line-up...

Edited by jed123

I've paid for me and the GF. Partly because I'm ridiculously bad at remembering things, and don't want to risk an automatic refund on the 7th. But mostly because it's nothing to do with the lineup for us. We just love the festival to bits, and wouldn't miss it for the world!

(Also we fucking love the Foo Fighters)

98% of us on here are fucking delighted to go regardless of who plays. If you got a ticket in Oct and have decided to not go based on Kanye or the Foos, don't bother posting about it on here. In fact, delete your eFests account immediately.

Thing is you have until some time in May to actually cancel and get a refund by which time the full lineup should be out. In effect you can reserve your ticket for £15 as this is what you stand to lose should you not like the lineup and wish a refund.

I do feel that if the 3rd headliner isn't up to scratch or the lineup is delayed until after the refund date that this year will see more ticket refunds/cancellations than previous years. Having said that they will be snapped up in the resale.

I paid this morning because I love the festival and am happy to support it. Obviously there's much more to Glastonbury than just the bands, but they've never let me down before when it comes to lineups and I doubt they will any time soon.

That said I can understand some people's reluctance (especially those who have never been before) to commit without seeing more info. The third headliner is obviously the focal point of the speculation but I'd just like to see a list of who's playing across a wide range of stages to whet my appetite. I could live without the third headliner if we got a poster similar to last year's now. I mentioned to someone at work earlier that I'd just spent over £200 on a Glastonbury ticket "Really, who's playing?" they asked. I just shrugged and said "dunno". That doesn't quite feel right.

I'm hoping no line-up announcement this week leads to lots of balances not being paid off. Only 5 out of my group of around 30 Glasto-goers have tickets so the more tickets in the resale the better!

Edit: I'd pay the full ticket balance every year before having one act on the line-up...

I'm hoping for this too - although we only need two, you greedy lot! :D

I paid this morning because I love the festival and am happy to support it. Obviously there's much more to Glastonbury than just the bands, but they've never let me down before when it comes to lineups and I doubt they will any time soon.

That said I can understand some people's reluctance (especially those who have never been before) to commit without seeing more info. The third headliner is obviously the focal point of the speculation but I'd just like to see a list of who's playing across a wide range of stages to whet my appetite. I could live without the third headliner if we got a poster similar to last year's now. I mentioned to someone at work earlier that I'd just spent over £200 on a Glastonbury ticket "Really, who's playing?" they asked. I just shrugged and said "dunno". That doesn't quite feel right.

Agreed.M aybe I'm just holding out til Sunday because I'm a tight b*stard. Maybe it's also because it's not great that any of my mates seem as on board about this as I am, all of who've been before bar one and know how good it is - but they're seeing it as a gamble. I've no intention whatsoever of not going. I would take this over the trek to IOW to enjoy 4 collective decent hours of FM and Blur. But yea, seeing a larger card would benefit massively. The prospect of the Chemical Brothers is enough for me tbh. And if they don't play I'll be gutted regardless - but still going.

Always pay first thing, well my mate did this year.

I don't care who headlines or who doesn't. If I like 'em I''ll go see, if not there's always other things.

When Stevie Wonder played I saw the Levellers, when Dolly played I watched Public Service Broadcasting.

I love sometimes just sitting round doing nothing and taking it all in.

Each to their own,