Outdoor Clearance

simonsimondock

I presume people have bought from here before, so I'm asking for advice pretty please.

The customer service me and a few mates have received has been dreadful.

We ordered a tent weeks ago to my address in prep for Glastonbury this year. Parcel force couldn't find my flat so they 'failed' the order, and now Outdoor Clearance are demanding we pay for redelivery (although I've never had a problem getting post from anywhere else).

Now they won't respond to emails and don't have any sort of contact number (apparently to save on costs according to their site).

Has anyone been in a similar situation before and have any advice? I don't really know what to do.

Thank youu

:good:

I got a tent from them a few weeks ago and the inner lining was torn. I messaged them, they sent out a replacement the next day with a free post bag to send the broken one back in. Couldn't have been easier.

Did you get it through their site or Amazon?

Edited by grayfitz

I got a tent from them a few weeks ago and the inner lining was torn. I messaged them, they sent out a replacement the next day with a free post bag to send the broken one back in. Couldn't have been easier.

Did you get it through their site or Amazon?

I went directly through their site, so it's not even like I can go to Amazon and complain unfortunately!

I don't understand why they are being so awkward with us!

Didn't pay by credit card did you?

My mate paid with a debit card. Not covered legally with that right?

Thanks both for your responses. I'm sure it'll get sorted but it's annoying. And I really want that tent because it was cheap and good.

From the website:

"If you need to contact us use the 'Send a Message' link below. We only communicate via email in order to keep costs low and maintain low prices for our products. However, we still aspire to provide good levels of service and will respond to your email within hours and certainly within 24 hours."

:growl:

From the website:

"If you need to contact us use the 'Send a Message' link below. We only communicate via email in order to keep costs low and maintain low prices for our products. However, we still aspire to provide good levels of service and will respond to your email within hours and certainly within 24 hours."

:growl:

I got a phone call from them when I dealed with them so that's a load of shit. It was from a withheld number though...

Yeah it's just annoying because we really want/need the tent, but not getting anything back from them as of yet. Think we'll give it another week before it gets to that perhaps.

Trading Standards maybe? Or are they on FB to publicly discuss this?