Tiesto...

Swine_Glasto2014

Just having a conversation with some friends, would he work, say on the Other Stage?

Seems to be a distinct lack of big name Djs on the big stages. Granted they have the dance village, Shangri la etc but how would it go down do you think?

Genuine open question, personally, fifteen years ago, yes. When the dance music scene was massive and being blown to pieces on Radio one. Now, not so sure, unless it was David Guetta and nobody wants that, do they?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having a conversation with some friends, would he work, say on the Other Stage?

Seems to be a distinct lack of big name Djs on the big stages. Granted they have the dance village, Shangri la etc but how would it go down do you think?

Genuine open question, personally, fifteen years ago, yes. When the dance music scene was massive and being blown to pieces on Radio one. Now, not so sure, unless it was David Guetta and nobody wants that, do they?

If they were to have a DJ I'd hope it's not him. Anyway, I think there are much better places for DJs than the Other Stage.

Guetta isn't even a DJ.

The man is a joke

Guetta and Tiesto are now in the same bracket aren't they? Former DJ's who now play abysmal EDM and rely solely on a fancy light show?

Yep, like Aviici, Garrix, Aoki and any number of other hopeless, terrible con artists.

Calvin Harris going that way too.

Actually Aoki never was a DJ. Out and out joke figure

Edited by Space Shanty

Would generally prefer Guetta these days, that's just how bad Tiesto has become

Yep, like Aviici, Garrix, Aoki and any number of other hopeless, terrible con artists.
Calvin Harris going that way too.

Actually Aoki never was a DJ. Out and out joke figure

I don't think Garrix is that bad :ninja:

Edited by jonodillieono

Like I say, maybe fifteen years ago it would of worked. Just wondered what people think really.

The money they demand would be a big player I'd imagine too.

I doubt Guetta has never actually span two tunes in time in his career

DJs like Tiesto probably work better at festivals like Tomorrowland where they have the mega production and light shows etc to take away from the fact that it is just a guy playing some records (I am a big house a techno fan so understand a man playing records can be a great experience)

For me house and techno works best in a dark room with a good sound system and a few strobes not on a stage where everyone is facing towards the DJ waiting for the big drops

Guetta on the other handing is a new level of dreadful as his "headline" set at T in the Park shows where he plays his own records and occasionally turns the volume up and down a bit! - You would at least think these clowns could get some singers or something who are on the records but that would probably be too much bother! (rant over)

And that songs samples fucking Alice Deejay which was shite in the first place!!

Edited by rubenz

well Guetta was a decent-ish DJ about 10 years ago. absolute muck now.

Tiesto is just as atrocious.

thankfully Glastonbury would be unable/unwilling to pay them 250k for 2 hours on the Other stage and they'd just play some other festival/Vegas megaclub for the money instead.

i'm sure if they were to play, they'd get a decent crowd, as fellow sh1t merchant Skrillex demonstrated.

These dickheads who play pre-recorded, appalling sets of rubbish really should be completely ostracised by the proper DJ community.

Maybe they are.

I think it says a lot about someone's musical tastes when they are willing to dance to some prick jumping up and down to his own USB, openly taking the audience for idiots by pretending it's live

well Guetta was a decent-ish DJ about 10 years ago. absolute muck now.

Tiesto is just as atrocious.

thankfully Glastonbury would be unable/unwilling to pay them 250k for 2 hours on the Other stage and they'd just play some other festival/Vegas megaclub for the money instead.

i'm sure if they were to play, they'd get a decent crowd, as fellow sh1t merchant Skrillex demonstrated.

Yeah he's absolute dogshit too

I think there is a reason why dj's are so limited from Glasto's main stages and they are consciously doing that, becuase it's more suited to the crowds they get at the festival (Dozens others cover dance music much better on the main stages). Don't mind the odd dance music booking here and there but neither Guetta/Tiesto would not work well at all in my opinion.

I have recently started thinking Major Lazer could headline West Holts this year, which I would favour

DJs like Tiesto probably work better at festivals like Tomorrowland where they have the mega production and light shows etc to take away from the fact that it is just a guy playing some records (I am a big house a techno fan so understand a man playing records can be a great experience)

For me house and techno works best in a dark room with a good sound system and a few strobes not on a stage where everyone is facing towards the DJ waiting for the big drops

Guetta on the other handing is a new level of dreadful as his "headline" set at T in the Park shows where he plays his own records and occasionally turns the volume up and down a bit! - You would at least think these clowns could get some singers or something who are on the records but that would probably be too much bother! (rant over)

And that songs samples fucking Alice Deejay which was shite in the first place!!

I prefer a big over the top production. I love lazers and shit

Also I take it back, Tiesto would be a better option over that

These dickheads who play pre-recorded, appalling sets of rubbish really should be completely ostracised by the proper DJ community.

Maybe they are.

I think it says a lot about someone's musical tastes when they are willing to dance to some prick jumping up and down to his own USB, openly taking the audience for idiots by pretending it's live

is it the case that people are being taken for idiots? i thought these days the conceit is out in the open. people know it's just (usually) a guy not doing a great deal, and they don't care.

Calvin Harris earned $60m last year, which is a thoroughly depressing thought.

this just looks like a sat night in the local wetherspoons minus a few fireworks !!

Yeah to be fair Guetta used to be a pretty respected DJ, I say respected, before he was a prolific producer and played house a lot more, but that goes back a decade like someone has said. I would say Tiesto was the same as Guetta, the whole pre-programmed thing is only a fairly recent thing with the huge shows they're putting on, both of them cut their DJing teeth when vinyl was the only way of playing out.

is it the case that people are being taken for idiots? i thought these days the conceit is out in the open. people know it's just (usually) a guy not doing a great deal, and they don't care.

Calvin Harris earned $60m last year, which is a thoroughly depressing thought.

Some people know but don't care, which says a lot about them.

Others don't know because they wouldn't have read the articles or coverage where these conmen admit it's all prerecorded.

Even when you tell people they often don't care.

Depressing

60 million!!!! Holy shite...I swear to never ever support or mention his name again.

$60m and now chaperoning one Ms T Swift, if the story i saw earlier is to be believed.

Yeah to be fair Guetta used to be a pretty respected DJ, I say respected, before he was a prolific producer and played house a lot more, but that goes back a decade like someone has said. I would say Tiesto was the same as Guetta, the whole pre-programmed thing is only a fairly recent thing with the huge shows they're putting on, both of them cut their DJing teeth when vinyl was the only way of playing out.

his early Fuck Me I'm Famous parties ar Pacha were good, but he only did one or two a year back then, waaay before EDM came on the scene.

$60m and now chaperoning one Ms T Swift, if the story i saw earlier is to be believed.

his early Fuck Me I'm Famous parties ar Pacha were good, but he only did one or two a year back then, waaay before EDM came on the scene.

I think I might have gone to one in 2003? I know that back then when A Little More Love came out he was pretty highly regarded, although the Wally Lopez remix was obviously the killer element of that particular release

Surely it's common knowledge djs of this stature do not play live..

It's good to see old skool legends like Carl Cox still doing it for real and fucking good.

I can remember absolutely being in awe of the old hardcore djs like Slipmatt, Dougal, Vibes etc and thinking they were amazing. Listened to a mix a few years backlog Dougal and his mixing was absolutely shocking.

Some people know but don't care, which says a lot about them.

Others don't know because they wouldn't have read the articles or coverage where these conmen admit it's all prerecorded.

Even when you tell people they often don't care.

Depressing

Yer I generally don't care.

I watch dance music to dance not to judge the djs on their music ability