Tents

waynewdk

Hi everyone, I have been to Glastonbury 3 times so far, but always took a cheap tent, been looking for a new tent, that's lighter, was think about forking out for a Vango Airbeam, just wondering if these are safe at Glastonbury, as in has anyone heard any story's of the entire tents being nicked

Hi everyone, I have been to Glastonbury 3 times so far, but always took a cheap tent, been looking for a new tent, that's lighter, was think about forking out for a Vango Airbeam, just wondering if these are safe at Glastonbury, as in has anyone heard any story's of the entire tents being nicked

Sometimes whole tents do get nicked but suspect these are mostly the dome tents which are easy to unpeg and carry around the site whilst still erected. If you have a larger tent with a lot of tent pegs and which isn't that easy to take down then tent thieves are likely to move on to easier prey, I would have thought.

I think it's fairly unlikely that a tent of that scale goes missing entirely, but what I would be concerned with (and why I'd not spend more than about £150 on a tent), is that there's always a chance that it suffers damage - either accidental or deliberate. Obviously a festival environment with free-for-all pitching isn't the same as a dedicated pitch on a private camp site.

Back in the day I used to take a 20 quid tent to Glastonbury - if something happened to it then no great loss. This year it'll be somewhere around the £100 mark, and that'll sting a bit if it ends up with a cut/burn in it - from what I can see the AirBeam range starts at 400 odd quid, there's no way I'd risk that much.

Cheers, fair points, just really liked the idea off not carrying the poles,last year there was six of us so tent was a decent size,but it had canes as well as some metal framing, really heavy carrying it in, and putting away with a hangover is a nightmare, liked to be able to stand too, hard work being bent over in a sweaty tent. Might see if I can find me a cheap deal on a cheap tent, cheers peeps.

Do the space blankets work, wrapping it round your tent?

Cheers, fair points, just really liked the idea off not carrying the poles,last year there was six of us so tent was a decent size,but it had canes as well as some metal framing, really heavy carrying it in, and putting away with a hangover is a nightmare, liked to be able to stand too, hard work being bent over in a sweaty tent. Might see if I can find me a cheap deal on a cheap tent, cheers peeps.

Do the space blankets work, wrapping it round your tent?

Oh yes, they keep the signals from Alpha Centuri out a treat. Just imagine that, no more signals telling you what to do?

Seriously though, why not look on ebay for a second hand one of those tents in good condition from someone who has got a good well established representation on there? I got my son in law an excellent double skinned pop up two man tent last year off ebay for a fair price. Just a thought.