handfasting

Canary81

This lady (Glenda) has been invited to attend Glastonbury 2015 apparently. Might be best to send her a message to see if she is actually going, and what the process involves, costs etc.

http://www.cloud9ceremonies.co.uk/news/#Glenda%20has%20been%20invited%20to%20be%20at%20Glastonbury%20again%20in%202015!

Glenda Proctor:

Tel: 01797 226100

Email: glendaproctortoastmaster@live.com

Web: www.glendaprocterladytoastmaster.com

I imagine that would be done by then! ;)

Someone on efestivals wrote this in 2009. Might be worth asking around as they did - see below.

My husband and I aren't "legally married" - for us it wasn't as important to have our union state certified, so much as to have a ceremony that marked our commitment to one another. Having decided this it was then a simple decision to say let's have this ceremony at Glastonbury. So this is what we did on the Sunday in 2005.

I'm a pagan (my husband less so, but with pagan sensitivities) and we knew from many conversations with random strangers at Glastonbury over the years that there are plenty of pagans to be found in and around the Green Crafts area. So on the Wednesday morning we had a wander about and spoke to some people in the tipi field - eventually they pointed us in the direction of a lovely couple with a yurt in the corner of the field who agree to officiate at our ceremony. I have to say this couple were amazing - they even built a willow arch for us to walk through (so generous of them).

Come the morning of the ceremony we went around the festival and bought our rings, some bread from the Stoneage Bakery and a little hand carved wooden bowl in which to carry water. We wanted to symbolise the very essence of life that our union represented and bread & water seemed to do this (it also meant we had gifts for our lovely ceremony makers).

We then went with our two closest friends (who had come to Glatonbury) and had a beautiful ceremony. Our hands were fasted with sheep's wool locally dyed. It was a wonderful day and we can always say that Groove Armada played at our wedding party!

Sorry - I've been rambling haven't I? unsure.gif What I mean to say is that if you want a ceremony then you can certainly find people at Glastonbury who will help you make this happen. Take some time to talk to people around the Tipi Field and Green Craft field and they should be able to point you in the right direction. If a legal wedding is also important to you, you can always be inspired by Tallulah's great idea and get married in Glastonbury town just before.

Good luck to you

X