Camp Loner / Going Alone

hey, maybe if we get an idea of numbers, if you're arriving on the wednesday (along with any others) then you could try and save a bit of space (hopefully won't be too hard!!). how shall we keep in touch about it??

I don't know what it would be like in terms of space on the Wednesday, if there is plenty when I arrive then all good.

I don't use Facebook, so this site is the best option.

Who else is arriving on the Wednesday? I'll be there around 9pm (ish).

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting there on Wednesday, if anyone else that is too gets a plan together then we can pitch up a basic thing and try to save a little space. I'm not sure what time I'm getting there exactly, but probably soon after the camping opens up. I don't have twitter, so I'll probably be mainly using this site to communicate - or if anyone wants to use phones then I'm cool with that too, I have no problem with giving my number out in messages

As for other people arriving after, we fly a Camp Loner flag!

http://tinypic.com/r/2ufr1g8/8

Mostly joking about the flag, haha

Edited by JustNick

I'm happy to give out my number too if need be as that is probably the best option.

I don't know who else is getting there on the Wednesday, but I'm planning to be there pretty early when the camping area opens (because I have terrible bad luck so I'm leaving tons of time for travel and tent problems) - so closer to the time we should swap numbers so that we can get the first bit set up for the others. If that's cool with you?

I don't know who else is getting there on the Wednesday, but I'm planning to be there pretty early when the camping area opens (because I have terrible bad luck so I'm leaving tons of time for travel and tent problems) - so closer to the time we should swap numbers so that we can get the first bit set up for the others. If that's cool with you?

Fair enough. Yeah that sounds great.

I'm getting there on thursday morning :) (on facebook as Nula Stephen if anyone uses it/i'm on there more often).
Probably driving now as it seems easier to lug the gear with a cart from the car to the fest than on the train!
Anyone getting there on the thursday? Or willing to save me a spot if getting there on the wednesday?

Edited by foihnula

Excellent! It's all starting to sound like a plan!

Is it maybe worth choosing on an ideal Sub-Area in Orange to go for - so the early arrivals can try to pin down a good spot and the people who get there later have a rough idea even if there's no contact?

If yeah, does anyone have a preference in where exactly in Orange we camp? I reckon D, E or G would be best - because in the corner (F) and by the Silent Arena (A) there's going to be more people walking through so it'll probably get boggier, and we're still pretty close to all the action for when we want to head in!

http://www.readingfestival.com/sites/live.a.leedsfestival.com/files/images/reading_2015_basic_sitemap_02-01.png

Excellent! It's all starting to sound like a plan!

Is it maybe worth choosing on an ideal Sub-Area in Orange to go for - so the early arrivals can try to pin down a good spot and the people who get there later have a rough idea even if there's no contact?

If yeah, does anyone have a preference in where exactly in Orange we camp? I reckon D, E or G would be best - because in the corner (F) and by the Silent Arena (A) there's going to be more people walking through so it'll probably get boggier, and we're still pretty close to all the action for when we want to head in!

http://www.readingfestival.com/sites/live.a.leedsfestival.com/files/images/reading_2015_basic_sitemap_02-01.png

I wasn't even aware the site map was released yet! :)

Your right. Shall we say E, bang in the middle?

Edited by Chris_Hayter88