Camp Loner / Going Alone

Hey! So this year's my first year at Reading (not my first festival though) & it looks like I'm going alone. Does anyone know if there's any kind of an official camp loner setup? Or is there anyone else out there looking for people to camp / drink / hang with? Let me know! x

Edited by billieelizabeth1101

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I'm moving to the UK from NZ in June this year and am keen to go to Reading but not sure I'll have anyone to go with at this stage so we could be in the same boat. Where are you from, how old? Could be keen on some folk to party with! Lineup is sick... crazy to think of seeing all those acts in one place being from lil ole NZ!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't bought a ticket yet, my usual 'Reading lot' are either unable to make it or are deciding to par it off this year. But I can't resist it. The line-up is too good for me personally.

If there were a few loner's who were looking for camp mates, I'd be up for it.

In terms of music, I'm particularly interested in Royal Blood, The Maccabees, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Wilkinson... And of course a lot more that I can't be bothered to list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey people, I'm a 20 year old guy going alone from London. Anyone want to camp in the same area and/or sort out transport from London together (if you're in that area) then let me know on here or private message. I'm going to be seeing a big range of artists, as well as having a drink and having a generally awesome time! Let me know :)

Hey all, I'm a 27 year old guy from Cornwall. I went last year with a mate which was my first ever festival and we loved it so much we decided to go again, however he has recently pulled out due to a family wedding so I will be going on my own.

Looking to see a lot of bands and artists and having a great time.

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

I'm not sure where I'm going to camp - but I've heard that it's good to avoid Green and Yellow. Should we try to coordinate a little camp loner area here so we can all chill?

Also, If anyone is travelling from London then let me know! Either to chill on the bus/train or to do a car pool if you're driving (I'm doing the early entry)! 

Edited by JustNick

Yeah, I am up for that. I don't really fancy camping on my own either and it would be great to meet people too. I don't really mind where I camp but it would be good to arrange somewhere. I will be arriving on the Wednesday evening as I have an early entry pass.

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

Apparently the Orange camp is closest to the Tesco, as well as being generally nice and it's not too far from the main arena - so I'm liking the sound of that, because drink and snack runs to Tesco are bound to be needed. 

Anyone else like the sound of Orange being the home of Camp Loner? haha!

Hi there :) I'm dying to go but none of my friends fancy it this year. Would I be able to tag if people are still meeting up? I don't really feel comfortable camping totally alone so am trying to find people to pitch with!

I would really like to meet up as I don't want to camp alone either. I have a spare ticket too as I was really lucky to be given two but it's too short notice for me to find anyone. where you travelling from??

Edited by hsadleir

Apparently the Orange camp is closest to the Tesco, as well as being generally nice and it's not too far from the main arena - so I'm liking the sound of that, because drink and snack runs to Tesco are bound to be needed. 

Anyone else like the sound of Orange being the home of Camp Loner? haha!

that sounds good to me. how are we going to coordinate meeting up on the day? i'm arriving on the thursday. i think if we got a group it would be a really fun way of meeting new people and having a totally crazy experience!!

Yeah, I am up for that. I don't really fancy camping on my own either and it would be great to meet people too. I don't really mind where I camp but it would be good to arrange somewhere. I will be arriving on the Wednesday evening as I have an early entry pass.

hey, maybe if we get an idea of numbers, if you're arriving on the wednesday (along with any others) then you could try and save a bit of space (hopefully won't be too hard!!). how shall we keep in touch about it??