Sound Check Songs

ads1980

"Happiness is Easy" / "Life's What You Make It" by Talk Talk also historically used by soundies getting the levels right.

Every year I seem to still hear that in my sleep the week after returning home.

Over and over and over and over and over and over...

Camping in oxylers is my favourite thing, the other stage soundcheck as the soundtrack to your morning really puts you in the Glasto mood!

Watching the dissapointing / laughable beady eye from my tent during breakfast in 2013! Bliss! Take me back!

Edited by Matt42

Every year I seem to still hear that in my sleep the week after returning home.

Over and over and over and over and over and over...

It has become tradition for me at this stage Woff. Thursday about 2 o'clock, that piano/drum pattern kicks in. You can imagine the soundies opening a tin and cheersing.

Heh.

Likewise.

My mum always seems to phone me at that point to ask if we're having a good time (i.e. still alive / ok...as mums do) and always, ALWAYS, asks me who's playing ("it's a soundcheck, mum"..."a what?", etc, etc...thus adding to the tradition.

As an aside:

Liking the word 'cheersing'. A lot.

It's not as fanfuckingtastic as 'tmesis'...but it's a great visual word nonetheless.

Cheers.

Was trying to work the song out myself the other week, new it was No Doubt but didn't know the name. Love hearing this on the soundcheck

Don't really know (can't remember despite going to every Glasto since 05), afternoon maybe. I love hearing the test tones as well as the tracks. Something soothing about them.

We camp in Bushey which is just over the other side of the fence to Oxylers right?

We could hear the Kaiser Chiefs and Blondie last year but have never heard the sound check. It is of course quite possible i have been asleep. Will try and have a listen this year.

We camp in Bushey which is just over the other side of the fence to Oxylers right?

We could hear the Kaiser Chiefs and Blondie last year but have never heard the sound check. It is of course quite possible i have been asleep. Will try and have a listen this year.

We were in Bushey this year and could hear Imagine Dragons and a few others from there.

Definitely heard Reflektor and Levels being blasted out from a stage which I presume was the Other Stage. So you can definitely hear the soundchecks from there

We were in Bushey this year and could hear Imagine Dragons and a few others from there.

Definitely heard Reflektor and Levels being blasted out from a stage which I presume was the Other Stage. So you can definitely hear the soundchecks from there

Didnt get back from the silent disco until 5am so i was probably sparko.

I camp in Park Home and can't remember hearing the sound check other than on Thursdays and I presume it would wake me up as I'm a light sleeper/I'm usually sort of awake and I remember the Kaiser Chiefs waking me up double quick time last year.

Maybe I just filter it out of my memory.